Windows 10: Issues with getting Windows 11 activated

Discus and support Issues with getting Windows 11 activated in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I own 4 stand alone licenses for Windows. Each time there is an upgrade for some reason I need to purchase an additional license. These are retail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeanDoughtie, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Issues with getting Windows 11 activated

I own 4 stand alone licenses for Windows. Each time there is an upgrade for some reason I need to purchase an additional license. These are retail licenses and NOT OEM and they ARE NOT TIED TO HARDWARE. I have a Windows XP Pro, 2 Windows 7 Pro and a Windows 8 Pro Licenses. These were ALL used as Virtual Machines in VMWARE Fusion on a Mac. Now I am being told that my Windows 8 Pro License, upgraded to Windows 10, is not eligible for an upgrade to Windows 11 because MS only allows one free upgrade per hardware. Here is the issue. The VM that is running Windows 10 is using MBR is on standard firm

:)

SeanDoughtie, Dec 10, 2022

2. Windows 10 not getting activated.

Hi Johncy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Have you activated your Previous version of Windows?

Windows is not activated as your previous version of Windows, your device was not activated prior to upgrade to Windows 10

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Go to Start.
    • Select Settings .
    • Go to Update & security.
    • Go Activation .
    • Click Change product key.
    • Enter your Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 and click Next
      to complete activation.

If the issue still persist get back to us.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Dec 10, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 10, 2022
  4. Issues with getting Windows 11 activated

ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 10, 2022
Thema:

Issues with getting Windows 11 activated

1. Issues with getting Windows 11 activated - Similar Threads - Issues getting activated

2. Windows 11 Activation issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation issues: I'm having problems with my activation and need some clarification. I've been using W11 Pro for at least a year or more. Before that I was on W10 Pro. Orginally they were from a legimate OEM W7 Pro License that I have used to upgrade through the versions with no issues....
  3. Windows 11 Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Issue: I purchased a Windows 10/11 License on my Old PC. The Old PC is now sold out and I do not have access to it now. I have unlinked the Old PC from my Microsoft Account. I am trying to activate the License on my New PC now and it isn't allowing me to activate the same. If I...
  4. Windows 11 Activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation issue: Getting this error - new PC was working fine and then one day this popped up.Unable to activate Windows on this device because you dont have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. 0x903fa067. Learn...
  5. Windows 11 Activation issue

Windows 11 Activation issue: Hi,I had windows 10 installed on my PC and that was activated through a digital license. About 3 days ago I installed Windows 11 fresh copy . I linked the same Microsoft account but it is not activating with a digital license. My PC is showing in the devices list on my...
  6. Windows 11 activation issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation issues: I recently updated my Windows 10 pro pc with new parts Motherboard, proc, SSD, memory and I decided to update to Windows 11 pro in the process digital license. This went fine. When Windows was installed, I also activated it successfully. A week later suddenly Windows...
  7. Windows 11 activation issues

Windows 11 activation issues: I recently updated my Windows 10 pro pc with new parts Motherboard, proc, SSD, memory and I decided to update to Windows 11 pro in the process digital license. This went fine. When Windows was installed, I also activated it successfully. A week later suddenly Windows...
  8. Issues with getting Windows 11 activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with getting Windows 11 activated: I own 4 stand alone licenses for Windows. Each time there is an upgrade for some reason I need to purchase an additional license. These are retail licenses and NOT OEM and they ARE NOT TIED TO HARDWARE. I have a Windows XP Pro, 2 Windows 7 Pro and a Windows 8 Pro Licenses....
  9. Windows 11 activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation issue: Hello there, My windows 10 recently became corrupted on my old SSD and therefore, I proceeded to ask a computer store to install a new SSD and install windows 11 as they offered to do so as I had an original windows 7 that was upgraded for free to Windows 10 on the old SSD.I...
  10. Windows 11 activation issue

Windows 11 activation issue: Hello there, My windows 10 recently became corrupted on my old SSD and therefore, I proceeded to ask a computer store to install a new SSD and install windows 11 as they offered to do so as I had an original windows 7 that was upgraded for free to Windows 10 on the old SSD.I...