Windows 10: Issues with half a screen not being able to be clicked. Windows 10

Discus and support Issues with half a screen not being able to be clicked. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I'm the "computer savvy" of the company I work in, let's call it "IT guy". Recently, I started observing that people with 2 screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by germanmedinasl, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Issues with half a screen not being able to be clicked. Windows 10

Hello Everyone.

I'm the "computer savvy" of the company I work in, let's call it "IT guy". Recently, I started observing that people with 2 screens monitors were having the same issue: they cannot click the right half of the right screen. I solve this by changing the resolution and reverting the change. But they are too many people working at the same time and I cannot be there to solve each one of them every time they encounter the problem, which seems to appear randomly.

Today, to my surprise, this issue happened in a computer with a single screen. This one has a lower resolution since the person that uses it needs to see bigger items on screen, and in this case, more than half of the screen wasn't clickable. I almost had problems trying to find the space in the desktop to right-click and go to resolution settings.

I would like to hear that Microsoft is aware of this issue, because it IS a big issue. Imagine a computer that can't be used as it is partially click-blocked.

I can't reproduce the problem and there is no reason for it to appear. I just can say that so far, I believe it starts once each time the computer is started.

Have you guys encounter this issue? All these computers have updates activated, and integrated or dedicated graphic cards, depending on the computer.

I need Microsoft to be aware of this problem as soon as possible and what they will do about it.

Community-wise, I would like to know your similar recent experiences.

Thank you everyone.

:)

germanmedinasl, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Flashing half circles along the bottom of my screen

Hello Ian,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to login to the safe mode and check if the same issue persists.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshooting screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.
    [*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Issues with half a screen not being able to be clicked. Windows 10

WINDOW 10 video streaming issues on half of screen

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I'm sorry to know that you have Video streaming issues with Windows 10. I will be happy to help you with this.

To assist you further with this issue, please let us know the following details

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

• Do you receive any error message?
    As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try updating the Display driver and check if that helps.

• Press Windows Key +
      R
      on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit
      Ente
      r.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click, and then click
      Update.

Method 2 : I would also suggest you to install the latest graphics card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website and install it in
    compatibility mode and check.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

a) Download the graphics card drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

b) Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.

c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility
    mode for’
    and select Windows 8.1
    operating system from the drop down.

d) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK
    and run the file to install it.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Issues with half a screen not being able to be clicked. Windows 10

1. Issues with half a screen not being able to be clicked. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues half screen

2. windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved: not sure what this feature is called: when I reposition windows esp when moving something from one monitor to another the window being moved sometimes automatically gets resized to span exactly half the screen with the rest of the open apps arranged on the other half of the...
  3. windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved: not sure what this feature is called: when I reposition windows esp when moving something from one monitor to another the window being moved sometimes automatically gets resized to span exactly half the screen with the rest of the open apps arranged on the other half of the...
  4. Locked half screen issue

Locked half screen issue: I cant place programs on bottom half of my screen, aswell fulltime screen opening of my programs is maximal half screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-half-screen-issue/6fe8e75f-ad06-4e48-853c-45d5981477d6
  5. Locked half screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked half screen issue: I cant place programs on bottom half of my screen, aswell fulltime screen opening of my programs is maximal half screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-half-screen-issue/6fe8e75f-ad06-4e48-853c-45d5981477d6
  6. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped being able to launch: Short version Every time I boot my pc I get the message "Automatic repair could'nt repair your pc". I tried the following options without success:Troubleshoot -> reset this pc -> keep my filesTroubleshoot -> reset this pc -> Remove everythingTroubleshoot -> advanced options...
  7. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

Windows 10 stopped being able to launch: Short version Every time I boot my pc I get the message "Automatic repair could'nt repair your pc". I tried the following options without success:Troubleshoot -> reset this pc -> keep my filesTroubleshoot -> reset this pc -> Remove everythingTroubleshoot -> advanced options...
  8. Not being able to click on a certain part of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to click on a certain part of my screen: Hi.For the past few days now, I havnt been able to click around a certain part of my screen, specifically near the bottom left/middle.I cant scroll over it, click on it, nothing. Not even clicking on it on my drawing tablet works. But yesterday I saw some weird invisible box...
  9. Not being able to click on a certain part of my screen

Not being able to click on a certain part of my screen: Hi.For the past few days now, I havnt been able to click around a certain part of my screen, specifically near the bottom left/middle.I cant scroll over it, click on it, nothing. Not even clicking on it on my drawing tablet works. But yesterday I saw some weird invisible box...
  10. Windows right screen not able to click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows right screen not able to click: Dear, There is an issue occur in Windows 10/7 with different PC. User report that they cannot close/minimise application, when they click the button and no response. Finally we found that cursor cannot click anything from Windows right screen. When we restore application...