Windows 10: Issues with HP laptop and recent update- stuck key

Discus and support Issues with HP laptop and recent update- stuck key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations. My HP laptop recently had some windows updates 2020-08 Cumulative update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Isha57, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Isha57 Win User

Issues with HP laptop and recent update- stuck key

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations. My HP laptop recently had some windows updates 2020-08 Cumulative update for net.framework for windows 10 version 1903 for x64 KB4569571 and various security intelligence updates I can provide the names if necessary.

Since these, ******** is being typed whenever i have any form of dialogue box open, the touch pad is being unresponsive I have a wireless mouse and the scroll bar can flicker. It’s understandably very frustrating fighting against a keyboard to type anything but is just about possible. I have removed and reinstalled both the keyboard and touchpad but no change.

Is this a hardware issue or something related to the update? Is there anything I should try or do?

Thank you in advance!!

:)

Isha57, Aug 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Aug 21, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Clean install is tempting but causes issues. It is a HP laptop from 2015:
    - HP tools, CyberLink softwares, laptop drivers...(takes time to download and list all of them.)
    - Mozilla Firefox's users+passwords.
    - Online-paid Office 2013 package. ( Was in discount for students at the time )

user33331, Aug 21, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

HP Laptop screen dead after child bashed keys.

Try reseating the large connector, that is the LCD connector. Also, try removing the wireless card.

No, HP just blaimed their issues on the bad batch of nVidia chips. The fact of the matter is that HP released these with bad BIOSes that didn't ramp the fan speed up soon enough and allowed the laptops to overheat. A simple BIOS fix from HP fixes the issue, if you catch it in time. The problem is that most people don't check for BIOS fixes for issues until it is already too late.

newtekie1, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Issues with HP laptop and recent update- stuck key - Similar Threads - Issues laptop recent

2. Laptop stuck on hp logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on hp logo: Hi, I deleted some minor partitions I had on my PC that I am sure have nothing to do with my Windows operating system, but after restarting it, it is stuck on the hp logo and I don't know what to do, so I would greatly appreciate the help....
  3. Laptop stuck on hp logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on hp logo: Hi, I deleted some minor partitions I had on my PC that I am sure have nothing to do with my Windows operating system, but after restarting it, it is stuck on the hp logo and I don't know what to do, so I would greatly appreciate the help....
  4. Laptop stuck on hp logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn: I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it happened I left the laptop on for a day and the it got so hot. I was afraid this would harm the laptop. I was able to do a hard...
  6. Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop: Since the last windows 10 update the battery whilst showing 94% as soon as you disconnect the power out the computer shuts down. I have run all the diagnostics suggested and everything comes back okay. I have also ran HPs battery diagnostic and that comes back okay also. Any...
  7. Mystery "stuck key" issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery "stuck key" issue: Hi there everyone! My daughter was playing WoW with me a couple nights ago when all of a sudden her mouse and keyboard started acting oddly. The best I can explain it is that Windows thinks she's pressing the CTRL or Windows key. I am sharing a potato video to explain some....
  8. recently updated HP laptop brightness keys won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recently updated HP laptop brightness keys won't work: I updated by HP elitebook from the 1709 version to the 1809 version of windows 10 and the screen brightness keys (F3 and F4) do not work. They worked prior to the update and I have no reason to believe that they suddenly broke as the backlight behind them still works and all...
  9. HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update: So in the last week or so I have not been able to print from my laptop. When I try to print any documents the print queue shows "0 documents pending." I was on the computer with HP for over 2 hours and they said it is a problem with Microsoft. Of course, I have made several...
  10. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update: I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc). If I disable the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo t440s 0x00000f