Windows 10: Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

Discus and support Issues with HP ProBook 6475b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications: Model :: HP ProBook 6475b CPU :: AMD A10-5750M GPU ::... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Normal_user2018200, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications:

• Model :: HP ProBook 6475b
    • CPU :: AMD A10-5750M
    • GPU :: AMD Radeon HD 8650G
    • RAM :: 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM
    • HDD :: 2TB, 5400RPM, SATA III (ST2000LM007-1R8174)

The laptop was working relatively well after the Windows 10 1709 Update, but then began to experience issues, because it had been accidentally registered with the Insiders Program - signified by the GSOD's I used to get at the time. So, I had Windows 10 reset itself - wipe everything but the OS (but not before backing up my app installers and data first). After that, I slowly moved all of my applications back onto the laptop. From my entire time using this laptop (up until the latest OS and driver upadtes), I haven't experienced like this until now. I've been getting frequent BSOD's, with most of them occurring while I'm away from the machine. It's gotten bad enough where I went on and changed settings so I could get full memory dumps from the laptop (along with minidumps). I can upload the smaller ones, but the larger ones are going to have to wait. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated, since I have yet to be able to successfully read the dumps myself without resorting to this:

• http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=Analyze

Due to the possibility of this being caused by drivers, I may try out this suggestion whenever I get the time:

• https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

I am a college student, so I might not always have free time for troubleshooting. This computer is my main laptop, which is why I am so concerned. It worked perfectly fine until after the OS/driver updates that followed the Windows reset (180X and later). I don't want to point my finger at a specific cause yet, because I am unsure of what may be causing it. I did install two new Windows Store apps recently, but I doubt that they are that dangerous (Ditto, QuickLook). Besides that, I haven't installed any new applications on this machine - for months.

If anyone wants to help, please do - but there a few things that I am not willing to try at this point in time:

• full or partial Windows Reset (since I just did that only a short while ago, and this still happened)
    • buying a new laptop (cash is tight right now, and I've already quit my summer job)
    • CPU downgrade (has been in use for over half a year now - issues are way too recent to have been caused by it)

Anything else is fair game. And, before anyone makes this mistake again, yes, this laptop has a proper CPU socket. It can be swapped for another CPU. I've already had one person make the assumption that such is not the case, and it's annoying. Furthermore, this model is compatible with Windows 10 - there are updated drivers and support pages for it here. Please do research before just saying something. I need assistance - not to be bludgeoned by misinformed statements and repeated suggestions. Please look at the comments above you before replying, to make sure you aren't unknowingly repeating someone else. With that said, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Normal_user2018200, Sep 10, 2018
  2. malware Win User

HP Unveils Affordable ProBook Business Notebooks

HP today unveils a new brand of affordable notebook PCs that merge business functionality with sophisticated design to stand out from the crowd. The ProBook series joins HP's EliteBook series with a total of five new notebook models which incorporate a choice of merlot or glossy noir finishes, and feature high-definition (HD) LED backlit wide displays ranging from 14-inch to 17.3-inch diagonal sizes. The cheapest offering starts at $529. Please read the full story for more information.

Issues with HP ProBook 6475b hp_probook_thm.jpg

The HP ProBook s-series includes:
    • HP ProBook 4410s and HP ProBook 4415s – Feature a 14-inch diagonal 16:9 HD widescreen LED backlight display, integrated optical drive with Blu-ray option and choice of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 or Intel GMA X4500 HD graphics controller. Wireless connectivity includes standard Wi-Fi certified WLAN and optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology. The notebooks also incorporate an HDMI port to connect to HD displays, and include Intel (4410s) or AMD (4415s) processors to offer a variety of options for mobility and longer battery life.
    • HP ProBook 4510s and HP ProBook 4515s – Offer a 15.6-inch diagonal 16:9 HD widescreen LED backlight display. Customers can select the optional HP Mobile Broadband connectivity with built-in Gobi technology, while standard Wi-Fi certified WLAN and optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology round out the wireless connectivity technologies. They also feature an integrated numeric keypad. The notebooks include a choice of Intel (4510s) or AMD (4515s) processors to meet high demands for performance and connectivity and choice of discrete or UMA graphics. There is also an integrated numeric keypad on the 15.6-inch and 17.3-inch models.
    • HP ProBook 4710s – Features a 17.3-inch diagonal HD widescreen display, the largest of the lineup. For more graphics-intensive environments, the notebook includes the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330, with up to 512 megabytes of GDDR2 for video memory. It also features the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Wireless connectivity includes standard Wi-Fi certified WLAN and optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology. The notebook incorporates a HDMI port to connect to HD displays, as well as an integrated numeric keypad.
    The HP USB 2.0 Docking Station is a compatible accessory for the HP ProBook s-series. In just one step, users are connected to their keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer and other accessories, and they are able to get video, audio, network connectivity and up to four universal serial bus (USB) connected devices working at the same time. The HP USB 2.0 Docking Station is available now for $139.

Source: HP

malware, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Krop Win User
    HP Probook 450 Caddy

Hi, has anyone experiences with any compatible caddy adapter for HP Probook 450 G1? Which types (manufacturers) works with this probook?
    Thank you for answer.

4. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

Hp Probook x360

I purchased
    Hp Probook x360
    recently. I wonder can i upgrade it to Windows 10 and where i can find Windows utility software?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

wwe wrestle, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

1. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b - Similar Threads - Issues ProBook 6475b

2. HP Probook 255 G9 wifi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Probook 255 G9 wifi issues: I work for a school district and we have about 50 HP Probook 255 g9 laptops that staff are using and some have reported that they constantly have to restart their laptop throughout the day because it will lose wifi connection and won't show any options. I thought a update...
  3. HP Probook 255 G9 wifi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Probook 255 G9 wifi issues: I work for a school district and we have about 50 HP Probook 255 g9 laptops that staff are using and some have reported that they constantly have to restart their laptop throughout the day because it will lose wifi connection and won't show any options. I thought a update...
  4. How do I disable the auto dimming/graphics reduction for my HP Probook 6475b?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the auto dimming/graphics reduction for my HP Probook 6475b?: There is this problem on my laptop. When I'm plugged in/charging, It is brighter than when I'm not plugged in/charging. I even tried everything this guy tried to help me on the reddit forum. Here is the...
  5. How do I disable the auto dimming/graphics reduction for my HP Probook 6475b?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the auto dimming/graphics reduction for my HP Probook 6475b?: There is this problem on my laptop. When I'm plugged in/charging, It is brighter than when I'm not plugged in/charging. I even tried everything this guy tried to help me on the reddit forum. Here is the...
  6. How do I disable the auto dimming/graphics reduction for my HP Probook 6475b?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. HP Probook, Windows 10 graphics issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Probook, Windows 10 graphics issue: I have a HP laptop with VGA output. With the help of an adaptor to hdmi my external screen works fine. Till Windows update, then the Intel HD Graphics 4600 doesn't pick up any external monitors. Tried all other online "solved" solutions like reinstall drives etc but...
  8. No v1903 for HP ProBook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No v1903 for HP ProBook?: My new HP ProBook G6 450 currently on v1809 OS Build 17763.832 isn't being offered v1903 via Windows update despite feature updates being enabled. I know I can use the Media Creation Tool. Has anyone updated this PC to v1903 or know why the update isn't offered via Windows...
  9. HP Probook Windows 10 Pro issues.

HP Probook Windows 10 Pro issues.: I have an HP ProBook 4430s that I received with Windows 7 installed, and I was resisting the urge to make it a dual boot system, because I was satisfied with the performance I got out of it, however, I ended up making it a dual boot, and this eventually led to me installing...
  10. Installed internal new DVDRW drive in hp probook 6475b notebook where can I download driver...

Installed internal new DVDRW drive in hp probook 6475b notebook where can I download driver...: Installed new DVDRW drive in hp probook 6475b where can I download driver free for it for it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-internal-new-dvdrw-drive-in-hp-probook/c664134e-6f7d-462a-a952-0c99863fa8a8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. probook 6475 no audio

2. probook 6475 amd wont display

3. hp probook 6475b problems