Windows 10: Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10

Discus and support Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot left click on the Windows icon, sound icon, internet icon, and time/date icon. Only right click works on those icons. For icons like browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DernDude, Jun 13, 2021.

1. DernDude Win User

Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10

I cannot left click on the Windows icon, sound icon, internet icon, and time/date icon. Only right click works on those icons. For icons like browsers, only the left click works and not the right click. Originally, I could not left click on the search bar either but after restarting Windows Explorer in the task manager, it works now. How do I fix the issue for the other icons?

:)

DernDude, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10

NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10

1. Issues with Icons in Taskbar on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues Icons Taskbar

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Icon Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icon Issue: Hello, I have a new asus, after I did the onedrive settings, the icons of some apps on the taskbar had the problem in the screenshot below. I took the computer out of the box and set it up and did all windows 11 updates. Can you help me ? this is exactly the same problem as...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Icon Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icon Issue: Hello, I have a new asus, after I did the onedrive settings, the icons of some apps on the taskbar had the problem in the screenshot below. I took the computer out of the box and set it up and did all windows 11 updates. Can you help me ? this is exactly the same problem as...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Icon issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icon issues: For a couple of weeks I have been seeing some of my icons display random pixelated dots rather than the program that is running. I have tried various methods to restoring the icons through all the recommendations given here and elsewhere, but have not had any luck in...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Icon issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icon issues: For a couple of weeks I have been seeing some of my icons display random pixelated dots rather than the program that is running. I have tried various methods to restoring the icons through all the recommendations given here and elsewhere, but have not had any luck in...
  6. Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stacking taskbar icons issue Windows 10: Hey, all. Is there a way to keep taskbar windows/icons stacked but not have to right click to open a new window? I have looked and not found anything for while. I dislike having multiple windows of file explorer open and then going to open a new window but the already...
  7. Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.: Just set Windows 10 up and i'm looking to make a few modifications. One that's bugging me is this. When you open Windows Explorer, the built in file/system browser, in Windows 7 and earlier, the icon for the window button that appears on the taskbar always showed a tan file...
  8. "Issue with taskbar icons"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Issue with taskbar icons": On my taskbar, I found out that none of my icons on there are appearing (except for the "File Folder"). I tried going into task manager and resetting "windows exe" (don't remember full name, it looks like a file folder). But it didn't work. I tried to unpin the icons from...
  9. Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue: I have a strange issue with white icons on the taskbar. I have a default XML file targeted to each machine for tiles and taskbar. Anything within the users appdata\roaming is not copied back to the to the network, this is to keep profiles down and most profiles are under 2 Mb...
  10. Taskbar icon issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon issues: Hi. With Win10 I've noticed that left-clicking the volume icon at bottom right no longer works. Neither does the network icon. These icons worked right after install, but now randomly appear to just stop working. Other icons (program icons, for eg) next to them DO work, and...