Windows 10: Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC

Discus and support Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, First time posting a question here. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, couldn't find any solution to this. I was adjusting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathaniaNainggolan, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC

Hi,

First time posting a question here. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, couldn't find any solution to this.

I was adjusting the resolution of my display because I felt the texts were too big when I'm web browsing. I looked online and found out how to resize the texts under the Ease of Access > Display settings.

After tinkering in the display setting, now my desktop icons look all weird. I've always used Small icons for the desktop icons, but now instead of neatly arranged icons they are all spaced very wide apart. When clicked and highlighted, these icons now have a different dimension with a bigger width. Tried using Ctrl + scroll wheel to resize the icons but it only changed the image of the icons without changing the dimensions of the icons. The icons image will be smaller / bigger but the text remains the same in width and therefore not changing the grid. Now my desktop looks as if it can only fit 7 x 4 grid of icons.

I tried going back to the Display setting in Ease of Access but using the text slider did not help.

I changed the resolution and the scale as well, did not help.

I even tried doing re-install using Windows 10 installation media, did not help.

Is there a way for me to reset the display / font setting to default? Or to fix the desktop Icons?
    I'm using Windows 10 Home.

Here is what my desktop looks like now.

Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC [​IMG]

***Original title: Desktop icons dimensions too wide, icon names too long - even after resizing***

:)

NathaniaNainggolan, Mar 9, 2020

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC

1. Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC - Similar Threads - Issues iconspacing Desktop

2. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  3. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  4. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop Icon issue

Desktop Icon issue: Yesterday when I logged into my work computer Dell Latitude 5420/Windows 10 Pro, my additional monitors were acting a little weird, so I did a system reset, verified the display settings. I really don't believe I changed anything that could have done this however- after a...
  6. Desktop Icon Issue

Desktop Icon Issue: This is one of the most frustrating issues I've had to deal with. After having a problem with my GPU fan, I had to take apart most of my PC to find out what part was going bad. After re-assembling and booting up, all of my desktop icons have moved back to my primary monitor...
  7. Can't reproduce IconSpacing for my desktop

Can't reproduce IconSpacing for my desktop: After some tweaking on my old PC, I had finally managed to find the perfect IconSpacing and VerticalIconSpacing settings for my desktop so I had them written down. Now I'm using those same exact values but the result is not identical, so is it possible that I missed other...
  8. Issues with Apps and Desktop icons on the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Apps and Desktop icons on the PC: Cannot open pre-installed apps on desk top, icons are blank. In Start menu most/all apps are gone or wont open.Keep getting message to get app for ms-paint link.I am no I.T. buff...Help! ***Original title: windows 10 apps***...
  9. desktop issue with opening icons

desktop issue with opening icons: Desktop Icons Will Not Open __With Double Click Of Mouse Operating system is Vista 64, Windows 7. I cannot open any desktop icon with mouse and a right click of mouse does not open any options. I can open icons in the task bar, quick launch with mouse and a right click of...
  10. Desktop Icons issue

Desktop Icons issue: One month ago, i upgraded from windows 7 pro (x64) to windows 10 pro (x64). For 1 month it was working properly, but today (08.09.2015) i log into the windows and i founded an very annoying issue. I can't move my desktops icons and shortcuts. HOW ?! All my icons are sorted...