Windows 10: issues with installed programs not showing up in search

Discus and support issues with installed programs not showing up in search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have found a few threads on here and other sites to try and fix it, but no such luck. I am not hitting that old 512 app limit, as I only have 242... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vivithemage, Feb 24, 2016.

1. issues with installed programs not showing up in search

I have found a few threads on here and other sites to try and fix it, but no such luck. I am not hitting that old 512 app limit, as I only have 242 installed:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-StartApps | measure

Count : 242
    Average :
    Sum :
    Maximum :
    Minimum :
    Property :

I also have tried rebuilding index, and removed everything and set to default. This does still include my start menu icons, which have apps. Any time I search though, NO app is found. Any ideas?

:)

vivithemage, Feb 24, 2016

2. All installed programs are not showing up in the Control Panel

Kindly try to disable Avira antivirus then check if this resolves your concern. This may be the program that causes the issue.

Tell us how it goes.

Katrina Men, Feb 24, 2016
  3. All installed programs are not showing up in the Control Panel

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes prior to checking Control Panel?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Thank you.

Katrina Men, Feb 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

issues with installed programs not showing up in search

...........I have found a few threads on here and other sites to try and fix it, but no such luck...............

Have you tried :
    1.Looking for corrupt files by running System file check ( sfc /scannow ) in elevated command prompt ?
    2. Create another user account of same privileges > logon to it > and see if the search option function properly ?

davidhk, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Nice, just tried running this in elevated powershell, fixed it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

vivithemage, Feb 24, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Thank you for the update.
    Will keep your solution in my Tutorial folder.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

issues with installed programs not showing up in search

1. issues with installed programs not showing up in search - Similar Threads - issues installed programs

2. Issue with fonts installed on PC but not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with fonts installed on PC but not showing up: Dear Experts,I have searched and searched online and have only found that MANY have this same issue. As of yet, I have no solution. My issue is installing fonts on a brand new PC running Windows 10 Pro. I have followed all the instructions and installed the fonts the way you...
  3. Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.

in Cortana
    Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.: Hi. Recently I have noticed that some of applications I pinned on the start menu disappeared and some are not showing up in the search. I have to go into their installed folders to run it which is hectic. Please help....
  4. Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Just-Another-Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m77ogn/uninstalled_program_still_shows_up_in_windows/
  5. Windows search still shows non installed programs

in Cortana
    Windows search still shows non installed programs: Hello, My laptop has an issue where it doesn't remove nonexistent programs from Windows search. It currently runs Windows 10 Enterprise version 20H2 build 19042.844. What I tried so far: Reinstall the program and remove it. Clean the registry using CCleaner and...
  6. Some programs not showing up in search

in Cortana
    Some programs not showing up in search: I recently had to do a clean install of windows, and when I redownloaded some programs, specifically NordVPN and uTorrent, they don't show up when I search for them. I have done an index already, but it did not work....
  7. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  8. No icons showing up when searching for programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No icons showing up when searching for programs: Hello! I'm Andreas and I've encountered a weird problem when searching for my applications after a normal restart of the system. For example, when I search for Steam, this is what I see: [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 Home 1909 version 18363.836. Thanks in advance!...
  9. Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search: I have a video here for demonstration. Essentially programs in the start menu aren't showing up. Simple as that. This is a fresh install of the latest creators update, literally straight from the ISO on the Media Creation Tool. Any help appreciated. 82081
  10. Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!: Hey guys, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 build 1703 (Creators update) and I am on the latest update as of July 19 2017. I have one big problem, Cortana search doesn't seem to pull up installed programs like VLC or 7-Zip whenever i type the names in. Also if I...