Windows 10: Issues with Installing Drivers with the latest insider preview update

Discus and support Issues with Installing Drivers with the latest insider preview update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 wireless receiver/adapter for my PC. Before the current insider preview update, it used to work and function properly. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WizSpadey, Nov 24, 2019.

1. WizSpadey Win User

Issues with Installing Drivers with the latest insider preview update

I have an Xbox 360 wireless receiver/adapter for my PC. Before the current insider preview update, it used to work and function properly. When I installed the latest Insider Preview update for Windows 10, it stopped working and I couldn't fix it. This has happened to me before and I was able to fix it, but now it won't accept the drivers. In device manager, it used to say Xbox 360 peripherals with the receiver name at the bottom, but now it just says unknown device. I couldn't update the drivers at all when I chose Xbox 360 peripherals.

I just want to know if there is a fix to this issue.

The Windows version I'm on is Insider Preview 19030.1 (vb_release).

:)

WizSpadey, Nov 24, 2019

2. Unable to install latest insider preview build

Hi,

Currently I am on 14986 build and unable to install the latest build and keep getting the pop-up message to install the latest build. As I am trying to update the build but it's keep failing and getting error. Is there any direct link to download and install
    the latest insider preview build. Please give any suggestion to help me out.

vivek maurya, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Install Failed

Hello Simpson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267?
    • Which Intel drivers are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Intel drivers deployed through Windows Updates?
    • Did you get any error message when they fail?

From your description, I suspect that the problem might be due to unsuccessful installation of preview build caused this issue. Suggest you to check installing the build again to see if the same thing happens again. If you don't see the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
    update, then please check it after sometime. Refer this link
    to learn more about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267.

Give us above details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 24, 2019
  4. sausje Win User

Insider preview R3 giving driver error

Hello,

Yesterday I got update R3 for the latest insider preview (for fall creators update), and now I'm suddenly getting the driver error (please run as admin bla bla).
    I've (ofcourse) tried to ran it as admin, deleted the reg values that had the WinRing0 in it (was only 1), deleted all files and got the latest version. But nothing seems to work.
    I've tried to look for a log, but I cannot find one.

So what could be causing this error?

sausje, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Issues with Installing Drivers with the latest insider preview update - Similar Threads - Issues Installing Drivers

2. Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...: The update is not getting installed . I've tried several times but still getting the same error. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-update-is-not-installing-cumulative-update/72068990-a35f-47eb-be28-d769b44a968e
  3. Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...: The update is not getting installed . I've tried several times but still getting the same error. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-update-is-not-installing-cumulative-update/72068990-a35f-47eb-be28-d769b44a968e
  4. Update and windows insiders preview related issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and windows insiders preview related issues: I have some serious issue regarding update please help me as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-windows-insiders-preview-related-issues/766b1c73-469b-4513-9864-6300eec81191
  5. Insider preview installing errorp

Insider preview installing errorp: Can't install the insider preview 20221.1000 shows error klkk.sys error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-installing-errorp/82096ea3-f843-4b63-aeea-84e161f70c4a
  6. Insider preview updates copy.rs_prerelease_Wifi on on Insider Preview Evaluation Copy....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insider preview updates copy.rs_prerelease_Wifi on on Insider Preview Evaluation Copy....: all, For insider preview evaluation copy.rs_prerelease_ Insider Preview Evaluation Copy. Build -200710-1419 I can see my WIfi but my computer will not connect and I am using the correct Wifi password. all other devices will connect to my wifi. What is the fix so that I can...
  7. Size of the insider preview update?

Size of the insider preview update?: What's the size of the latest windows 10 insider preview update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-the-insider-preview-update/04bfa5ab-86eb-4aba-858f-f65d0a0807e1
  8. Inside preview install problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inside preview install problems: I just updated to the latest Insider Fast Ring build. I cannot use my mouse or any associated wireless devices. I have plugged them into another machine and they work. All I have is the Windows screensaver visible. Neither my mouse or my keyboard works. I have also replaced...
  9. Having Issues Installing Latest Graphics Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Having Issues Installing Latest Graphics Drivers: After installing Windows 10 Home on 2 computers, I have found that the graphics drivers are having trouble updating. Can someone assist me on fixing this? Will check back in the morning. 9242
  10. Latest Realtek HD Driver..installation issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Realtek HD Driver..installation issue: I have Realtek HD audio driver 6.0.1. 8210 and when i try to install the latest driver 6.0.1.8216 windows states i already have the latest version 8210. I have tried the list for windows 10 but without luck...do i have to uninstall 8210 and then re-install 8216....