Windows 10: Issues with installing Forza Horizon 4

Discus and support Issues with installing Forza Horizon 4 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I seem to be tormented by a horribly slow download from the Microsoft Store. For some reason every time I try to download this game, it tends to get... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SjoerdvanBladel, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Issues with installing Forza Horizon 4

I seem to be tormented by a horribly slow download from the Microsoft Store.

For some reason every time I try to download this game, it tends to get stuck at 44,81 MB. Everytime it reaches that far, the Mbps start dropping, and dropping, and dropping, until it hits 0, and doesn't continue after that. Pausing the download will make it glitch and shoot back to 0.10 KB's downloaded, and then start downloading again until 44,81 MB, where it once again grinds back down to a halt.

Now I've tried so much! I must've used WSRESET.EXE atleast 20 times the last few days. I've tried every CMD command the internet could give me to try and help. And I've tried the powershell application and a few commands the internet could suggest me there, but nothing seems to change a single thing!

Wierd thing about it, a few days ago, the download somehow after almost a full 24 hours of loading started moving again after stopping at 44,81 MB. It got all the way to the end downloading the full 74,76 GB's of Forza Horizon 4. But guess what, ran into an error, Code: 0x80073CF6. After looking it up, not a single solution helped. And nothing could get the download to work again. So I then had to cancel the download and let it retry, and once again it got stuck at 44,81 MB.

I feel trapped in limbo, nothing seems to help my download move.

Somewhere along the path I've also stumbled upon the error Code: 0x80080005.

I've also had times where the download slows to a halt at 2,10 MB, or 88,74 MB.

I must admit, I haven't reset my pc because I have too much stuff that would be lost. So that would probably be my last resort. But since I can't find a single person on the internet asking why the Microsoft Store download slows to a halt and doesn't continue after that I decided I'd ask a technical support forum first hoping they could provide assistance that could fix it.

:)

SjoerdvanBladel, Mar 2, 2020

2. saving forza horizon 4

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the feature does not work the way it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to post Forza Horizon 4 query on Forza Horizon 4 forum. Please post this question in the

Forza Horizon
    forum, where we have the engineers with the expertise to provide solutions for this issue.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Forza Horizon 4 will not unistall

Hi Titus,

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Click on Start menu, and look for Forza Horizon 4. Right click on it and select
    Uninstall.

You can also uninstall the game through settings by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on Forza Horizon 4.

4. Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's fixed.

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Issues with installing Forza Horizon 4

Forza Horizon 4 : FH001 error

Hello Edward,

I understand how frustrating it feels when you are unable to play a game after downloading it.

I suggest you to post Forza Horizon 4 query on Forza Horizon 4 forum, where
    we have engineers with the expertise to provide solutions for this issue.

Regards,

Mala S

Mala_S, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Issues with installing Forza Horizon 4

1. Issues with installing Forza Horizon 4 - Similar Threads - Issues installing Forza

2. Forza Horizon 4 Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Issues: So three days ago I started having issues with FH4 as it was stuck on the loading screen. At the same time it was also trying to download something from the store. After seeing other people having this issue I uninstalled it and have been trying for the last couple of days to...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: Hello, i bought forza horizon for over 3 months now and i tried installing it from microsoft store several times. Usually it takes some hours to download the full 79 gb game but at the end it would give an error and have to do it again only to see the same error. Today i...
  4. Is there an issue with Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an issue with Forza Horizon 4: I'm thinking to buy forza horizon 4 but my windows version is windows 10 20h2. Will the game work on this version or not just wanted to confirm that? The crack of this game doesn't work for this version....
  5. Forza Horizon 4 issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 issues.: I bought Forza the other day, just managed to install it yesterday but I'm having issues with opening the game. As seen here https://i.gyazo.com/9976b1d1862636c759f5e03ac6358608.png the game won't open. I bought it on the Microsoft Store and opened it from there, yet this...
  6. Forza horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forza horizon 4 not installing: I bought forza horizon 4 and it confirms that i bought it on the microsoft store but there is no way to install the game. I tried to install it to both the options it gave me and neither of them worked and microsoft help tells me to copy the game but there is no way to copy...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: I just bought FH4 from the Microsoft Store but I can`t install it. When I click the Install button on the game page it does the animation but it doesn`t start, I tried doing a Clean Boot and reloging into the MS Store account but none of those two worked. I don`t know if it...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Connectivity Issue: I don't understand what the issue is here...[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/forza-horizon-4-connectivity-issue/7a2d40e3-75ba-4c95-881e-dd2b4010fc14
  9. Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo: When I go to download the demo I select my computer to install and it says "we're trying to install to the selected device(s)" and gives me the option to click ok but no downloading or installation progress bar and I cannot find Forza anywhere on my computer or in the windows...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 Demo keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Demo keyboard issue: <p>I used keyboard to play the game, it said press W to accelerate.</p><p>but whenever I pressed other keys, ex: A or D to turn while pressing W, the car stop accelerate.</p><p>In short terms, if I pressed other key than W I need to re-press W to...