Windows 10: Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts

Discus and support Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to create my own VPN but it didnt end up working so I thought i'd just disable it and i'd be alright. [ATTACH] but apparently not, everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by help lol, May 23, 2019.

1. help lol Win User

Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts

I tried to create my own VPN but it didnt end up working so I thought i'd just disable it and i'd be alright.

Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts 126dbe21-68f4-488a-8470-5a616da84f05?upload=true.png

but apparently not, everytime I shut down, restart, or update my laptop my Wi-Fi turns off and I have to Disable and re-enable it again to get it to work.

Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts 91129d5c-e4be-4b70-8504-9e110117c129?upload=true.png

I thought that uninstalling the VPN would help but I literally cant.

Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts d1a2a3ed-169d-4d68-a2ea-e023b5d39a38?upload=true.png

I also tried uninstalling it through its properties but there is the same error everytime, and upon looking into the error I couldnt find anything on it that related to my problem in the slightest

k Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts 4700aef9-b2c5-467a-8d13-4c5323fe12d5?upload=true.png

:)

help lol, May 23, 2019

2. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 23, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, May 23, 2019
  4. Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts

Internet Explorer and computer freezes

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Since the issue persists, I suggest you to disable and enable the Internet Explorer option from Windows features and check if it helps.

• To do that please follow the steps below:
    • Type Windows feature in the search bar.
    • Open Turn windows feature On or Off.
    • Uncheck Internet explorer, restart the computer and again place the check mark on Internet Explorer.
    If the issue still persists, if you have installed any third party security application, I suggest you to temporarily disable it temporarily and see if it fixes the issue.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software.
    If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts

1. Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts - Similar Threads - Issues internet needing

2. Windows 11 is installed. Need to disable TPM. Can TPM be enabled again afterwards?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is installed. Need to disable TPM. Can TPM be enabled again afterwards?: I have Windows 11 installed.Due to known issues involving firmware-based TPM and AMD Ryzen 5 processors, I need to disable TPM.It is known that when TPM is disabled, you lose some features, such as Windows Subsystem for Android or the ability to install updates.But here is my...
  3. Windows 11 is installed. Need to disable TPM. Can TPM be enabled again afterwards?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is installed. Need to disable TPM. Can TPM be enabled again afterwards?: I have Windows 11 installed.Due to known issues involving firmware-based TPM and AMD Ryzen 5 processors, I need to disable TPM.It is known that when TPM is disabled, you lose some features, such as Windows Subsystem for Android or the ability to install updates.But here is my...
  4. bootloop upon enabling or disabling feautures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootloop upon enabling or disabling feautures: hai all. so i have this annoying thing in windows 10 where if i enable or disable any windows featuresthat requires me to restart from "turn windows features on or off" it decides to create a bootloop and the only way to get out of it is to boot into safe mode which undoes...
  5. Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync: Earlier this week I enabled Sync between my 2 computers, work and home, each using up to date Windows 10. When I realized that the functionality wasn't going to be that helpful plus I didn't like all my desktop icons shared between both computers, I disabled it - using the...
  6. i disabled password upon login and need to re-enable it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i disabled password upon login and need to re-enable it.: i disabled password upon login and need to re-enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-password-upon-login-and-need-to-re/d13a20f3-9e14-4bd4-acab-8ac2729ae74a"
  7. Touchpad disabled and no where to enable again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad disabled and no where to enable again: My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad 330, windows 10 home after MS Windows update, my touchpad scrolling functions (2 / 3 / 4 finger gestures) was disabled I have tried all means to enable it (using the Touchpad settings) but there is no more checkbox for me to turn the hand gestures...
  8. Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...: I'm certain I'm not the only person with this problem. Bluetooth is installed on my Samsung laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. Here's the problem: every so often a routine Windows update totally disables Bluetooth, or rather, prevents it from being discovered....
  9. WIFI Gets Disables and requires Reboot to enable again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Gets Disables and requires Reboot to enable again: wct8vvjz4uQ So. at random times my WIFI gets disabled and when I hover over the symbol it says wifi networks available. When I go into the network list it just goes into a loop that never loads the list. the none of the network list services can be...
  10. Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable: How to: Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable How to Enable or Disable Internet Explorer Edge Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information In August 2013, Microsoft announced that document modes would be deprecated starting with Internet Explorer 11. Any websites...