Windows 10: Issues with items looping in any media player + start menu

Discus and support Issues with items looping in any media player + start menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently noticed few annoying things on my Windows: 1. If I open any media player as an example AIMP3, VLC, MPC-BE and if either I add an item to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by armszgns, Apr 20, 2021.

1. armszgns Win User

Issues with items looping in any media player + start menu

Recently noticed few annoying things on my Windows:

1. If I open any media player as an example AIMP3, VLC, MPC-BE and if either I add an item to play or if there is already a playlist it starts to go through each of those items or one if only one is added without playing but basically just looping through those. And of course it's not possible to play anything because then it plays one after another for less than a second and then goes to another item. In addition to this I've noticed that CPU usage of Windows Explored increases especially if it's a video.

2. Second thing is regarding Windows button from keyboard and Start Menu. Everything is as it supposed to be no game mode is enabled, also all other stuff that I've googled are ok too. But the thing is that if I want to open Start menu using Windows button on the keyboard I have to press it and hold for about 2-4 seconds and only then Start Menu appears. Tried multiple keyboards - same results.

I'm not sure what happened and when just I've recently updated Windows, so thinking maybe that's the case. Maybe someone had/have something similar? And has any suggestions?

Scanned for viruses and malware - nothing.

Thanks

:)

armszgns, Apr 20, 2021
  2. TinaHouse Win User

Media player Loop/Repeat problems

No... not Helpful. Did Not help. did nothing. So anyone have any tips? let me explain the rundown one more time. and ill try to include as much info as i think is relevant. I have multiple screens hooked up to my lenovo desktop. my main monitor is hooked
    in through a VGA cable while the secondary monitor(s) is run with HDMI. When I open and run Windows Media Player I have a series of Nature videos in a playlist. I click the loop button to replay the entire list over and over and it works beautifully.......Until..
    I say until, I drag the media player from the main screen to the secondary screen(s). once that happens (even thought the loop button is still clearly and visibly marked) the entire thing will stop after every item on the playlist and go to a native blueish/Black
    screen with three options given in the upper left corner: asking if i want to resume, exit, and something else. Basically i have to click to continue the playlist after every item!!!! But when I drag it back over to the main screen it goes right back to working
    perfectly. for instance i will drag to secondary and music stops at end of song. and asks if i want to resume. i click yes. it resumes...... at and of next song it goes back to screen and asks again... i click yes... next song starts and i drag back to main
    screen as item is playing and at end of item...... like magic it auto goes to next and play and plays like nothing ever went wrong.... i wait a couple items and drag back.... at the end of the item right back to the screen asking if i want to resume. How Does
    this glitch in your programming get resolved?

TinaHouse, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10, but cannot find Media Player

Hi Ron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "no sign of Windows Media Player", are you referring to default Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center?

If you are referring to Windows Media Player, then I recommend you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if Media Player is still present in the computer or not.

1. Click on Start Menu and check if Antivirus application is visible in the Start Menu or not.

2. If not, then click on All apps.

3. Search for the applications.

Step 2: I recommend you to search for Windows Media Player through Search bar.

1. Click on Search bar which is present next to the
    Start Menu

2. Then type "Windows Media Player" without the quotes in the Search bar and try to open it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with finding Windows Media Player, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Issues with items looping in any media player + start menu

windows media player

Hi,

To better isolate your concern regarding Windows Media Player, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is this happening on all video formats?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows Media Player with the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start / Windows button, and select Control Panel.
    • Click Find and Fix problems under System and Security.
    • Select View all on the left panel.
    • Click Windows Media Player Settings, then click
      Next to start the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Issues with items looping in any media player + start menu

1. Issues with items looping in any media player + start menu - Similar Threads - Issues items looping

2. Unnamed Start Menu Item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unnamed Start Menu Item: Hi, Under the "Other" section of my start menu is an item with no logo, "ms-resourceAppListName" which is a bit unsightly. If I click on it, it launches the People app. I can't find a way to restore the title and icon and it seems I can't uninstall the app even though I...
  3. Broken item in Start Menu

Broken item in Start Menu: Hi Please could someone assist me with removing the following item in my Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-item-in-start-menu/7aa56942-3cde-49d1-a75a-38afb23a89f1
  4. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  5. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  6. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  7. Windows Media Player and Event Log items

Windows Media Player and Event Log items: Taken from Nirsoft My Events are these: Code: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RecordingRestart definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehrec. Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration...
  8. Help with Windows Media Player context menu items

Help with Windows Media Player context menu items: After my recent reinstallation of Windows 10, I no longer get the context menu options "Play with Windows Media Player" and "Add to Windows Media Player List" when I right click a folder containing videos which is set as "Videos" in the customization tab. I've had those...
  9. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700
  10. Organizing Start Menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Organizing Start Menu items: Hi. New to this forum, I was a previous member of the Seven Forums for years. I have just installed 10 and like what I see so far. Does anyone know how to: - Organize your Start Menu (i.e. delete folders and create your own folders). I am unable to right click to get...