Windows 10: Issues with laptop keyboard drivers

Discus and support Issues with laptop keyboard drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am having issues with my laptop keyboard. I have a recently purchased GIGABYTE AERO 5 XE4 whose keyboard intermittently works. I found one day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chandler Johnston, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Issues with laptop keyboard drivers

Hello,I am having issues with my laptop keyboard. I have a recently purchased GIGABYTE AERO 5 XE4 whose keyboard intermittently works. I found one day that the keyboard was totally non-functional and did not respond to any input. This was after a few months of use I took the laptop apart to verify that there were no issues with the keyboard connections and everything seemed in order. I found this fix on Reddit and tried it to find that it fixed my keyboard. It appears that this laptop does not play nice with windows power management.The fix worked for some time but then seemed to return to n

:)

Chandler Johnston, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Darshan J Win User

Laptop Keyboard layout issue .

Hello,

To assist you better please answer the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Which version of windows is running on your laptop?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your laptop?
    • What issue are you facing while creating system restore point?

Method 1: Keyboard Layout settings.

Your keyboard layout might be set for a different language than the one you want to use. To change the key board layout:

• Click on Start menu, go to Settings and select Time and Language.
    • Go to Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.
    • Select the language from Keyboard from the list.

Method 2: Uninstall the drivers.

Uninstalling the keyboard driver will not cause any serious problem, and the generic driver will automatically get re-install once you restart the computer after the uninstalling.

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the system and download the latest Keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and try installing them on the system.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Keyboards” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “Keyboards” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest drivers setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Mar 28, 2023
  3. keyboard issues

Hello Suresh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type - Microsoft Support

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Issues with laptop keyboard drivers

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Issues with laptop keyboard drivers

1. Issues with laptop keyboard drivers - Similar Threads - Issues laptop keyboard

2. Issues with laptop keyboard drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with laptop keyboard drivers: Hello,I am having issues with my laptop keyboard. I have a recently purchased GIGABYTE AERO 5 XE4 whose keyboard intermittently works. I found one day that the keyboard was totally non-functional and did not respond to any input. This was after a few months of use I took the...
  3. Keyboard Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Driver Issues: I bought my pc in 2020 and recently my backspace, space and enter key's all stopped working. I went to check the drivers and it said my drivers were from 2006 which shocked me. What can be done about it? I have tried lenovo pcsupport website but they do not have keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Driver Issues

Keyboard Driver Issues: I bought my pc in 2020 and recently my backspace, space and enter key's all stopped working. I went to check the drivers and it said my drivers were from 2006 which shocked me. What can be done about it? I have tried lenovo pcsupport website but they do not have keyboard...
  5. Laptop Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Issue: Whenever I press a key on my laptop keyboard after not pressing a key for about 10 seconds, that key doesn't register. But if I press a key again, the key registers and I would be able to continue typing smoothly without any issues as long as I don't stop typing for my than...
  6. Laptop Keyboard Issue

Laptop Keyboard Issue: I am having an issue with the keyboard of my laptop. For any text to be typed, I have to hold down the key for several seconds, and only then will the letter appear. The issue is not filter keys or sticky keys, as I have disabled those in the Settings > Ease of Access >...
  7. keyboard and driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and driver issue: i have an lenovo x220 with and i7. I just clean installed windows 10 and everything was working just fine and i installed all drivers. Still everything was fine. After 1-2 days the backspace key on my keyboard isnt working and when i click it it makes a beep sound. i turned...
  8. keyboard and driver issue

keyboard and driver issue: i have an lenovo x220 with and i7. I just clean installed windows 10 and everything was working just fine and i installed all drivers. Still everything was fine. After 1-2 days the backspace key on my keyboard isnt working and when i click it it makes a beep sound. i turned...
  9. keyboard and driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Laptop Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Keyboard issue: Having issues with my HP Presario keyboard,when using the Shift + @ for emailing I get " ,if I use Shift + 2 I get @, I can't think I've changed any settings so am at a loss.Continuous pressing of the Shift key brings up a Sticky Keys option box,any help appreciated 120564