Windows 10: Issues with laptop startup after reformatting

Discus and support Issues with laptop startup after reformatting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was having issues that led me to making the call to reformat. I went though the standard procedure and reformatted. After the 4 or 5 hours it took to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by apaul750, Dec 12, 2020.

1. apaul750 Win User

Issues with laptop startup after reformatting

I was having issues that led me to making the call to reformat. I went though the standard procedure and reformatted. After the 4 or 5 hours it took to reformat, it was finally done and set my computer started to turn on.

however, it is on a loop in the dell startup screen. Itll load that screen for about 5 seconds, the fan will be whirring, then will go black screen and the fan stops.

then it will go to the dell loading screen, fan turns on, then black screen, fan turns off.

it is in an infinite loop. i have no idea what to do. i just reformatted using the built in windows 10 reformat option why is this such a hassle.

:)

apaul750, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 12, 2020
  3. jaypels Win User
    Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

Is there a way to know what my license number is? Laptop is not with me at the moment so I could not check it. I believe it still has the sticker where the license is printed at. Does it retain the old license or a new one is made when I upgraded to Win10?

Second question, what would be the best step in reformatting the laptop? Is there an option in Win10 where it would reformat and come back immediately to Win10?

jaypels, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Issues with laptop startup after reformatting

Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Issues with laptop startup after reformatting

1. Issues with laptop startup after reformatting - Similar Threads - Issues laptop startup

2. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Playback issues after reformatting.: In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having issues. It would generally read blurays without issue, but suddenly became finicky with DVDs, often failing to read them...
  3. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Playback issues after reformatting.: In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having issues. It would generally read blurays without issue, but suddenly became finicky with DVDs, often failing to read them...
  4. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. signing in after startup issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signing in after startup issues: Hello, When I turn on my PC it tells me to sign in, However I had all of this turned OFF for ease of use and everything has been great except for last month or so. Now its everyday no matter what and I have checked and everything is as it should be so is this a glitch in...
  6. laptop performance after virus removal and laptop reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop performance after virus removal and laptop reformat: So my laptop got a trojan and after a few months of hiding it i got it fixed by a technician I know. After the virus removal i got my laptop and got straight to setting it up again, i noticed it's a little slow than it was when i first got it. Anything that i can do?...
  7. windows 10 installation after reformatting the laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 installation after reformatting the laptop.: By mistake the technician removed the license version of windows10 from my laptop and installed a pirated version. I want to reinstall the license version. My laptop was windows 7 factory installed. Later upgraded to windows 8 and then windows 10. At present my laptop...
  8. Reformat my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformat my Laptop: If I reformat my laptop completely erasing all data, will I lose Windows 10? When I first bought my laptop it already had Windows 10. Will I lose it if I reformat my laptop? Thank you....
  9. Laptop Slow After System Reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slow After System Reformat: So i bought this gaming laptop about 6 months ago, and it has run perfectly until a couple days ago i let one of my siblings use it and they got it infected with a whole hoard of viruses. And so I ended up reformatting my computer to remove them because they were...
  10. Reformatting Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting Laptop: I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if windows 10 is the...