Windows 10: Issues with Local Users and Domain

Discus and support Issues with Local Users and Domain in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong. I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Assistant (Assistant)1, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Issues with Local Users and Domain

Hi All

New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong.

I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the primary user account for a Windows 10 PC, but it would appear that the PC was a part of a domain which has restricted access to a lot of these settings. I do not have access to the domain itself or its controller ( I believe it has been decommissioned) so I would like to create a new local user account to get around this, and copy the original profile to this new one, as I am lead to believe that if I disconnect the original user from the domain I will lose access to it.

I have created a new local user, but upon trying to login to it I am receiving the error "we cant sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available". I am unsure where to go from here, as I would have thought that a newly created local account would not be a part of any domain. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Assistant (Assistant)1, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. BooBoe Win User
    Difference between local user and domain user?

Excuse me. please help me !

I search everything in the Internet for the question "what is the difference between data of local user and domain user?"

But, i don't understand. You can help me to answer the question?

What happen when i access "administrator" in the local then join to domain controller ?

- windows will added domain user ?

- difference between " new user " and administrator

Besides, if i access "administrator" in local to join domain "Abc.xyz" of my company.
    Can i delete the user local ? if can delete, what happen ?

Thank you very much . sorry for English my bad

BooBoe, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Issues with Local Users and Domain

Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently.

1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance.

2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin.

3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on domain i.e. Workstation001.

4. Add computer to mydomain.local and when asked for username and password I entered the credentials for the new user.

5. Restarted the PC and signed into mydomain\newuser without any problems.

However now when I try to access the original local Admin account by typing 'Workstation001\local Admin' as the username and then the password. It keeps saying password invalid.

So I logged back into the domain account and tried resetting the password to Admin and then tried signing in as admin again, still no luck.

Currently there are 2 accounts on the computer one of them is a local/domain account for newuser and the other is a local Admin account which I cannot access.

What kind of glitch is this? Should I have not joined the domain through the original Admin account and instead added a local user to the PC 'newuser' and then sign in as that user locally then add them to the domain through their own local account? I didn't think this was necessary.

bluetea55z, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Issues with Local Users and Domain

1. Issues with Local Users and Domain - Similar Threads - Issues Local Users

2. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  3. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  4. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Issues for Domain Users: Just a little insight, I have a new environment all WS2019, two domain controllers, file server, sql server and more, all of that is doing as expected with no issues... Problems...We joined computers to the new domain over the weekend. Since we joined the new domain, we...
  6. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Issues for Domain Users: Just a little insight, I have a new environment all WS2019, two domain controllers, file server, sql server and more, all of that is doing as expected with no issues... Problems...We joined computers to the new domain over the weekend. Since we joined the new domain, we...
  7. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  9. Domain to Local Account Issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain to Local Account Issues: Hello, one and all! When I initially upgraded to 10 from 8.1 I created a local account and logged into my Microsoft Account. I just recently used the Windows Server Essentials 2012 Connector to get on the domain at work. After all of that completed successfully I went to...
  10. Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions: Hey all, I am currently testing Windows 10 for implementation at the company I am working at and so far everything is working pretty good. When setting up computers we always add Domain Users as a member of the local administrators group so to be able to have certain...