Windows 10: Issues with login of my laptop.

Discus and support Issues with login of my laptop. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am locked out of my computer, I am not able to remember the password that I set before, however there was option for logging in with fingerprint... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hari Shiwakoti, May 12, 2023.

1. Issues with login of my laptop.

I am locked out of my computer, I am not able to remember the password that I set before, however there was option for logging in with fingerprint scanner and pin. At this moment, its asking for the password that I have have forgotten. I don't remember using any microsoft account to start using computer afresh. Is there any way to resolve this issue and get in so that I can start using my computer. My laptop is Dell XPS 13.3" 2015 model. Its 512 SSD, 16 GB RAM. Shall I poke Dell support? Please advise.

:)

Hari Shiwakoti, May 12, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 12, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 12, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

Issues with login of my laptop.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 12, 2023
Thema:

Issues with login of my laptop.

1. Issues with login of my laptop. - Similar Threads - Issues login laptop

2. Issues with login of my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with login of my laptop.: I am locked out of my computer, I am not able to remember the password that I set before, however there was option for logging in with fingerprint scanner and pin. At this moment, its asking for the password that I have have forgotten. I don't remember using any microsoft...
  3. Issues with login of my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with login of my laptop.: I am locked out of my computer, I am not able to remember the password that I set before, however there was option for logging in with fingerprint scanner and pin. At this moment, its asking for the password that I have have forgotten. I don't remember using any microsoft...
  4. Login issue of laptop

Login issue of laptop: Recently I reset my laptop after that when I was trying to login it is showing user profile service failed the sign in. I tried safe mode and after entered into safe mode, screen was showing blank with taskbar blinking. I tried all possibities like explore.exe restart and...
  5. Login issue of laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login issue of laptop: Recently I reset my laptop after that when I was trying to login it is showing user profile service failed the sign in. I tried safe mode and after entered into safe mode, screen was showing blank with taskbar blinking. I tried all possibities like explore.exe restart and...
  6. Login issue of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to login to my laptop

Unable to login to my laptop: Hello,I'm having problem to log in to my laptop, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall what could be the pin and there is no option available on the screen to change/reset pin .I always...
  8. Login on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Login on my laptop: I have a problem login into my Microsoft account on my laptop. I still have the option to “sign in with a Microsoft account” but if go to the website of Microsoft, my laptop i registered to my Microsoft account.The problem is that when I try to login from my laptop ask me my...
  9. Laptop login issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop login issues: I'm giving a relative my old laptop but I forgot the password. Every time I try to recover or reset password, Microsoft keeps resetting my current laptop and not the one I'm trying to give away. I took the laptop to my job and the IT guy was able to login as an...
  10. Windows login issue when starting my laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows login issue when starting my laptop: Ive had a problem recently started that when my laptop has been turned off and i turn it back on it goes to the login screen where i enter my password (this is weird because i selected the option that i dont need a password to login) So i enter my password and it proceeds...