Windows 10: Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N

Discus and support Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In a few applications for my pc some of them report the issue "Windows Media Feature Pack is missing from your computer". Most of them link to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xXseanjsXx, May 23, 2020.

1. Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N

In a few applications for my pc some of them report the issue "Windows Media Feature Pack is missing from your computer".

Most of them link to this website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...k-for-windows-10-n-and-windows-10-kn-editions

However after downloading the update package, it shows a new window "Feature pack for windows KB3010081 is already installed"

I've also downloaded all the versions from, this website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack, this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions, this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...edition-of-windows-10-version-1703-april-2017 and this website https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48231.
    In addition to these downloads I have also installed media feature pack from the apps section in windows settings, in the section: Apps > Manage optional features, then Add a feature.

I'm not sure what else can be done but if it helps my windows version in Windows 10 Enterprise N, Version 1903 KB4556799.

I appreciate all help I can get.

If you need any more system details just ask.

:)

xXseanjsXx, May 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Media Feature Pack for N version?

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with installation of Media Feature Pack, do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which architecture of Windows have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to download the respective architecture of the downloading file from the below link, try to install it and check if the issue is resolved.

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10

Also, refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions (November 2015)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2020
  3. MalMorris Win User
    MalMorris, May 23, 2020
  4. Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N

Win10 N Will not install Media pack

I am using windows 10N Insider preview and The media pack will not install. I have tried the following:

• Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1508 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1511 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607 - KB3133719
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703 - KB4016817
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1709 - KB4039813

The only one to install was the very first one. However Media player is not installed, there are no media player folders. I can add the app.

Every other version say the update is not applicable to your system. Not sure how
    that's even possible. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and nothing. No media player. Should I just assume that it does not work and will never be fixed or is there some magic that I
    don't know about to get this thing working and installed correctly?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Moved fromIssues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Jeffrey L Johnson, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N

1. Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N - Similar Threads - Issues Media Feature

2. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  3. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  4. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2: I used to have Media Feature Pack installed in my machine which is on Windows 10 Enterprise N. After enterprise updated to Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2, the Media Feature Pack is no more available.I can see and select the Media Feature Pack from the optional features and can...
  5. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2: I used to have Media Feature Pack installed in my machine which is on Windows 10 Enterprise N. After enterprise updated to Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2, the Media Feature Pack is no more available.I can see and select the Media Feature Pack from the optional features and can...
  6. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1: Hi, a few weeks ago I've installed Windows N, 21H1. AFAIK there is no Media Feature Pack for this version: nor in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature, nor in Windows Features, also the version for 21H1 is not listed here:...
  7. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1: Hi, a few weeks ago I've installed Windows N, 21H1. AFAIK there is no Media Feature Pack for this version: nor in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature, nor in Windows Features, also the version for 21H1 is not listed here:...
  8. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Media feature pack for windows 10 pro N

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media feature pack for windows 10 pro N: there's no media feature pack for version 1903 of windows 10 pro N , and all the streaming sites are not playing any media. can someone help please , thanks....
  10. Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions: i am using on a laptop an official win pro 10 N -version 1803- build 17134.765 it seems after downloading several installments that the program is installed ,somewhere hidden/ behind, and i do need to activate windows media player in settings but where?...