Windows 10: Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up

Discus and support Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I´ve got issues with my personal/private Microsoft account like not being able to use personal MS Teams as it always asks me for my account and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by M. Gavelis, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up

Hi,

I´ve got issues with my personal/private Microsoft account like not being able to use personal MS Teams as it always asks me for my account and after login it ask for private or work/business account. None of these two works:

- private says that "somebody already managed Teams for my organization. I should ask my admin." sorry for bad translation

- work/school says sometime user not found error or register for teams / use other account

Personal MS Teams runs fine on my Android smartphone with the mobile app.

In general this account problem started after I signed up on azure portal for free with my personal/private Microsoft account as I wanted to do some Azure training. I´d better taken a different account.

Is it possible to delete the Azure stuff assigned to my account? I have never started any subscriptions etc. never really used the Azure stuff. Only one login to Azure free crashed my private account.

Deleting my Microsoft account is not an option as I have a multi year Microsoft/Office 365 subscription running and use my OneDrive frequently. Also my MCP ID with my Microsoft certifications is linked to this account.

Adding/removing/changing email addresses to my MS account doesn´t help either.

If there´s no way to solve it in this forum it would be great if you could let me know whom I could contact to get this sorted out.

Many thanks in advance for your help :

:)

M. Gavelis, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge builds

Source: Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge Insider builds - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge builds Insider

Source: Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge Insider builds - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up

Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

Unfortunately, you cannot switch an Azure AD account to a local or Microsoft account. You need to create a new user account first, make it an admin account, then disconnect from your organizational account, restart and sign in to new local account.

All software remains installed and intact but all user specific customizations and settings are lost, new local user starting from scratch with default settings.

The whole process step by step:

1.) Copy your personal data (documents, images etc.) from current Azure AD user profile folder to respective folders in C:\Users\Public

2.) In Settings > Accounts > Other people, add a new local user (see Option One in this tutorial) and change it's account type to Administrator (tutorial)

3.) Check that everything is correct, that you will see your Azure AD account under Work or school users (yellow highlight), and your new local admin account under Other people (blue highlight):

Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up [​IMG]

4.) Select Access work or school on left pane, select the connected Azure AD domain, click Disconnect:

Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up [​IMG]

5.) Click Yes:

6.) Click Disconnect:

7.) Enter the username and password for your new local admin account, click OK:

8.) Click Restart now:

9.) When back on desktop with your new local admin account, move personal data from Public folder and its subfolders you backed up in step 1 above to respective subfolders on new user profile folder. If the old Azure AD user profile folder is still present in Users folder, it can be deleted now.

That's it.

Thema:

Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up

1. Issues with Microsoft account private or work/school since Azure free sign up - Similar Threads - Issues Microsoft account

2. What is school or work account and how to sign up for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is school or work account and how to sign up for it?: I downloaded Minecraft Education Edition and I want to sign in instead of playing demo, but it need a school or work account but I don't have it. I've searched everywhere to sign up a new account but nothing worked. So if you can help me, please comment...
  3. What is school or work account and how to sign up for it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is school or work account and how to sign up for it?: I downloaded Minecraft Education Edition and I want to sign in instead of playing demo, but it need a school or work account but I don't have it. I've searched everywhere to sign up a new account but nothing worked. So if you can help me, please comment...
  4. Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account: Hi.In the new Microsoft Store, I was not able to find an option to sign in to the Store with my work or school account in addition to my personal Microsoft account.In the Windows 10 version of the new Microsoft Store, I found a button to add a work or school account to gain...
  5. Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account

Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account: Hi.In the new Microsoft Store, I was not able to find an option to sign in to the Store with my work or school account in addition to my personal Microsoft account.In the Windows 10 version of the new Microsoft Store, I found a button to add a work or school account to gain...
  6. Pop up - asking to sign into work or school account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up - asking to sign into work or school account.: This pop up is coming up continually on my computer screen.1. Is it legit or unsafe?2. If not safe then what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-asking-to-sign-into-work-or-school-account/a7e84e51-2e9e-46fa-adf8-ec8c2112db64
  7. Pop up - asking to sign into work or school account.

Pop up - asking to sign into work or school account.: This pop up is coming up continually on my computer screen.1. Is it legit or unsafe?2. If not safe then what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-asking-to-sign-into-work-or-school-account/a7e84e51-2e9e-46fa-adf8-ec8c2112db64
  8. Tried signing up for azure free account, says I am not eligible.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried signing up for azure free account, says I am not eligible.: Hi I am trying to sign up for free azure account, but this is what I get. You're not eligible for an Azure free account. I get the same problem if I go with pay as you go. submitted by /u/Mode_Legitimate [link] [comments]...
  9. Is Microsoft azure free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Microsoft azure free?: Hi, I'm wondering if microsoft azure is free, or has a free plan. And if it has a trial only for free, how long is the trial. Also, if i dont have a credit card, how do i sign up for it? I am asking cause i want to see if its true that they allow you to run windows on it. I...
  10. Microsoft Azure Sign Up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Azure Sign Up: [ATTACH] Greetings dear passenger; When I was getting to sign in the Microsoft Azure, I got this error in my screen. I was trying to sign in with my school e-mail but I think it's not working. I have been studying at Middle Eastern Technical University and it's one of the...