Windows 10: Issues with Microsoft Outlook

Discus and support Issues with Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I use Office 2016 suite at home under my employer's Office365 Enterprise licence. I have downloaded the Outlook 2016 client and it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelVodopier, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Issues with Microsoft Outlook

Hi there

I use Office 2016 suite at home under my employer's Office365 Enterprise licence.

I have downloaded the Outlook 2016 client and it seems to work OK with my personal IMAP accounts, but when I added my work Exchange account I immediately ran into trouble and can no longer open the application at all.

Initially I got the common - "Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occurred". I now experience a different error - "The application was unable to start correctly (oxcoooo142)".

I have read that this is a possibly a navigation pane issue, tried to start Outlook in Safe Mode and get the same errors, tried the navigation pane fix itself, have tried scanpst.exe etc. Interestingly, I don't seem to have a PST file any more, all files for my work Exchange account and personal accounts appear to be OST files, which I understand are offline files rather than personal files.

I very much need to access my emails as there is a year of rental statements, superannuation statements, employee salary advices and annual tax statements amongst them.

There are some fixes that suggest I need to create a new profile, but I am very concerned I may lose emails if I make a mistake.

As a precaution, I have taken an image of my C: drive using Macrium Reflect, but I would still like to proceed with caution and under your expert advice.

Could you please assist?

Kind regards

Mike

:)

MichaelVodopier, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Issues with Microsoft Outlook

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Issues with Microsoft Outlook

1. Issues with Microsoft Outlook - Similar Threads - Issues Microsoft Outlook

2. Outlook Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Issues: The to do icon does not show on the outlook desktop app and I do not have a "current view" option as suggested in solutions offered for this issue. Additionally, when I log into outlook 365 web version, my emails do not sync, so it appears as if all inboxes are empty....
  3. Outlook Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Issues: The to do icon does not show on the outlook desktop app and I do not have a "current view" option as suggested in solutions offered for this issue. Additionally, when I log into outlook 365 web version, my emails do not sync, so it appears as if all inboxes are empty....
  4. Outlook issues

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook issues: Hi, I have Outlook (16 ?) as part of Office 365 but could never get it to work so stuck with Outlook 2010. Every now and then I get this error: 'outlook 2010 Cannot expand the folder. Internet Mailis not registered properly. Re-install and try again'. I found this solution...
  5. Outlook Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Issues: For the past month or so I have been having issues opening Outlook. I usually end up turning my computer off and restarting it. As a result, most times I try to remember not to close out of Outlook and simply put my laptop in airplane mode then put it to "sleep". However,...
  6. Issues with Secure Connection with Microsoft SARA and Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Secure Connection with Microsoft SARA and Outlook: Hi, I've been having some issues with Outlook not being able to securely connect and add a Gmail account and then I tried installing Microsoft Sara, but I'm getting an issue installing it. After I download the tool from the website and run it, it says that it cannot...
  7. Outlook issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook issue: Outlook keeps locking me out of my google mail. Cant find how to reset the password. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-issue/18032071-df65-4e06-ba75-4ab3aca96690
  8. Microsoft Outlook Outgoing Server Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Outlook Outgoing Server Issue: Hi I have a account in outlook account linked to my official id. The mails are coming in but non of the mils are going out. It says an error that it have some outgoing server issue ( SMTP ISSUE ). I crossed check all the all the outlook setting but its all good. Please some...
  9. Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Outlook: I have just bought a new computer and installed Office 2019. After one week my Microsoft Outlook has stopped working with the following message. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Invalid XML, the view cannot be loaded. How do I fix this?...
  10. Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Outlook: I am not able to delete items from my gmail account in outlook. I get a message saying 'the message store has reached its maximum size', and I can't delete using the Control - Delete option as it tells me to....