Windows 10: Issues with Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Issues with Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a few issues with Microsoft Photos. 1) I regularly import photos from my phone to my laptop with the app (via USB), but the last few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MythicGuide1796, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Issues with Microsoft Photos

Hi

I have a few issues with Microsoft Photos.

1) I regularly import photos from my phone to my laptop with the app (via USB), but the last few times I've tried this, the app has frozen in the stage of searching for photos (before actual importation). Therefore, I cannot import anything, because it freezes before it reaches the screen to select which photos I would like to import. I've tried reducing the amount of photos on my phone but this hasn't fixed it. I have also tried the 'repair' button in settings, and have reset the app, losing all my albums, which also didn't fix anything.

2) Before the first problem arose, the app was finding thumbnails on my phone and I was subsequently importing them, as they looked like regular pictures on the selection screen and when viewing photos in any grid mode. Is there a way to either prevent thumbnails from being imported, or delete them all in one go from Microsoft Pictures once they have been imported (ideally the second option as I have around 6,000 thumbnails already on my laptop, interspersed with the normal photos they are the replicas of, but often clumped in groups of around 100 in the chronology view). To clarify, by thumbnails I mean that the photo appears very small and low quality so is unusable, so I assume this is thumbnails importing alongside regular photos. All the normal photos are there, the thumbnails are only duplicates.

3) About 20% of normal photos are duplicated during import (ie a full size duplicate in addition to a thumbnail duplicate), and these are distributed near the originals but often a few days away. There seems to be no pattern to which ones get duplicated.

4) I can't seem to delete photos when viewing them in a grid view in an album, only remove them from the album.

For context, my phone is a Sony Xperia and my laptop runs on Windows 10. The system and the app are up to date. Most of the photos on my phone are on a micro SD card but some are in internal storage. I have imported over 15,000 photos (albeit with the thumnail issue that I've had to manually sort through) before the first issue arose recently. There is ample storage space on my laptop left.

Thanks.

:)

MythicGuide1796, Sep 19, 2019

2. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 19, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Issues with Microsoft Photos

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Issues with Microsoft Photos

1. Issues with Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Issues Microsoft Photos

2. Microsoft photo issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo issue: Hello I have been using Microsoft photo for agaes now to trim my videos but now for some reason when I hit trim it just loads for ever an won’t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-issue/70f4b7df-f365-4e3c-93c4-d20f827307c2
  3. Microsoft photo issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo issue: Hello I have been using Microsoft photo for agaes now to trim my videos but now for some reason when I hit trim it just loads for ever an won’t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-issue/70f4b7df-f365-4e3c-93c4-d20f827307c2
  4. Microsoft Photos issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos issue: For years I have been downloading my iPhone photos to my computer but within the last month Microsoft Photos upgraded. I am trying to figure out how to view the date taken on the initial download to my computer....
  5. Microsoft Photos issue

Microsoft Photos issue: For years I have been downloading my iPhone photos to my computer but within the last month Microsoft Photos upgraded. I am trying to figure out how to view the date taken on the initial download to my computer....
  6. Display issue with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display issue with Microsoft Photos: I am running a DellDeskTop with Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzWindows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS build 19044.1645, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0.All screen shots and snips are displayed with a orange/yellow castI have not found a way to...
  7. Display issue with Microsoft Photos

Display issue with Microsoft Photos: I am running a DellDeskTop with Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzWindows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS build 19044.1645, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0.All screen shots and snips are displayed with a orange/yellow castI have not found a way to...
  8. Microsoft photo’s icon issue

Microsoft photo’s icon issue: I’m using Microsoft photo app on windows 10. But one day these photo icons? started appearing in my photo viewer. And it seems the mysterious icons are replaced by my photos taken in the same date. Would please give me any solutions? [IMG][IMG]...
  9. microsoft photos exporting issues

microsoft photos exporting issues: Hi, ive just spent about 5 hours doing a video on photos and now every time i try to export it it loads for about a second and then just comes up with "we've saved your video here" and its a completely unreadable video that doesnt play and no matter what size i try and save...
  10. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Issues with Microsoft photo editor: The Photo Editor is not functioning. Microsoft Paint is working as the default. How to resolve this? ***Moved from Using MSN.com and MSN apps / Content / Lifestyle***...