Windows 10: Issues with mouse & selection

Discus and support Issues with mouse & selection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having issues with selection icons, tabs, windows virtually anything that could be selected in my laptop. It runs on the latest update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anoban Karunananthan, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Issues with mouse & selection

Hi there,

I'm having issues with selection icons, tabs, windows virtually anything that could be selected in my laptop.

It runs on the latest update of windows 10. The issue is the scrolling function happens in a negative way to the command automatically without me doing anything. Like when I try to scroll up the scroll bar goes up and then comes down immediately. This happens with volume bar , scroll bars on ms office, Adobe reader & everything.

When I select something say Option A in a dropdown menu it becomes selected but the selection is reversed to the previously chosen option automatically in a while.

I'm quite confused and terrified as my laptop is just a couple of months old...

And there is no issues with my mouse that happens to be wireless because I've tried a new battery, switched the usb receiver to a different port but no avail

And the same thing happens with the laptop trackpad also...

I would very much appreciate any help

Thank you.

:)

Anoban Karunananthan, Sep 11, 2020

2. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Issues with mouse & selection

Windows 10 mouse issues

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Issues with mouse & selection

1. Issues with mouse & selection - Similar Threads - Issues mouse selection

2. Mouse selection box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse selection box: [ATTACH]how can i change it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box/91ad513c-abc3-4b96-bcc3-0f4b732876fb
  3. mouse select area

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse select area: so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box-messed-up/12cd4cce-9aa9-44b8-8d4e-4f902ef7efb4 but i couldnt find the setting...
  4. Mouse selecting multiples

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse selecting multiples: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  5. Mouse selects multiple

Mouse selects multiple: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  6. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  7. Mouse select problems

Mouse select problems: Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver....
  8. Mouse select problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse select problems: Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver....
  9. Mouse Selection Behavior

Mouse Selection Behavior: I recently bought a new computer. My previous computer as well as the new one both run Windows 10. However, there is a significant difference when I click on different windows in the new computer. I used to click once when going back to a window to make it "live" and then...
  10. Mouse selection stops

Mouse selection stops: If I try and make a selection using the mouse, it works for up to about 10 seconds and then it is as if I had released the mouse button. I have stopped every application running, but it still stops after a short period. I use Photoshop a lot, and it is very frustrating....