Windows 10: Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

Discus and support Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have encountered some serious issues with my laptop recently. Since Samsung stopped manufacturing laptops so it was pretty disappointing to know that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tissueissue, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

I have encountered some serious issues with my laptop recently. Since Samsung stopped manufacturing laptops so it was pretty disappointing to know that there was no support available for my laptop.Laptop Model: Samsung NP550P5C-T02AEGraphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2 GB Initially, it used to work fine. Never used harshly and never did any heavy work on it. But suddenly it started showing some BSODs i.e. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. It has a lot of issues with its integrated GPU. I had fixed it with the help of cmd prompt admin with the help of SFC and DISM. Recently, I encountered major issues

:)

Tissueissue, Nov 27, 2021

2. I have two display adapters showing...

Looking at Display Adapters in Device Manager of my Thinkpad 540p laptop I see two display adapters listed, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA GeForce GT730M. The reason I was looking was that I am having some issues with some photo display software and it was suggested that hardware GPU acceleration could be the problem and I was checking that the drivers are up to date (they are). My question is: do I need both these adapters to be enabled? Could they be conflicting? I am hesitant to disable anything without asking advice first. Can I disable (say) the Intel adapter without seriously disabling my machine?

rafikiphoto, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

Win 10 corrupts Nvidia Gforce 745M Graphics Adapter

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with accessing the laptop after the latest update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

I would like to inform that, Microsoft will not support for any hardware issues/ release any hardware related drivers.

The device manufacturer has to release the latest drivers for the newer operating system.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Check if the NVIDIA graphics card is detected in device manager. If it is detected, update it's drivers and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• In the list of Hardware categories, double-click the category your device is in and then double-tap the device you want. For example, to see your video card, click Display adapters, and then double-click the video
      card name.

• Click the Driver tab, click
      Update Driver
      , and then follow the instructions. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Step 2: If that doesn't fix the issue, reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click
      Uninstall.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
    Try to chose the appropriate Operating System and try to install the driver.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

1. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter - Similar Threads - Issues Nvidia Display

2. Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 43 for NVIDIA Display Adapter: Recently, my display adapter is starting to glitch out. The screen sometimes freezes, flicker every few seconds or have random pixels appearing and disappearing. I checked Device Manager and it showed me that my GPU broke. I tried using DDU, didnt work. I tried updating it...
  3. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter: I have encountered some serious issues with my laptop recently. Since Samsung stopped manufacturing laptops so it was pretty disappointing to know that there was no support available for my laptop.Laptop Model: Samsung NP550P5C-T02AEGraphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2 GB...
  4. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter: I have encountered some serious issues with my laptop recently. Since Samsung stopped manufacturing laptops so it was pretty disappointing to know that there was no support available for my laptop.Laptop Model: Samsung NP550P5C-T02AEGraphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2 GB...
  5. display adapter issue

display adapter issue: Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F06&SUBSYS_3FF11458&REV_A1\4&1C3D25BB&0&0019 with the following status: 0...
  6. Display Adapter Issue

Display Adapter Issue: Hi there, hope someone can help me out. Im currently using my old Alienware M11x R1 and decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Install was xonpleted and working though the iasue is with my display driver. Nvidia 335m and my Mobile IntelR 4 Series Express Chipset Family will not...
  7. Display Adapter Issue

Display Adapter Issue: So, I recently installed a new hard drive to use as my OS drive. After installing Windows 10 64-bit, I haven't been able to get my graphics card to show up in Device Manager, I only have the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Trying various drivers for my card from the NVIDIA...
  8. NVIDIA GeForce GT640 & Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA GeForce GT640 & Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Issue: Hello, My first post here, and I'm no computer scientist, so please understand my lack of understanding. I have a HP Pavilion p6774y I purchased new MANY years ago. In the middle of December, I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) to Windows 10 Pro (x64) ver. 1909. It had...
  9. msi ge63vr display adapter missing of nvidia

msi ge63vr display adapter missing of nvidia: what the problem of display adapter not showing nvidia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-ge63vr-display-adapter-missing-of-nvidia/68115535-993e-4bbd-9680-14fd139157eb
  10. Nvidia issue - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Nvidia issue - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Hi, I have a ThinkPad Lenovo W530 with a Nvidia Quadro K2000M graphic card and Windows 10 don't recognize it well. I've installed the last drivers and I can see it in the Device Manager, but DxDiag shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. How can I fix this? P...