Windows 10: Issues with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT on Acer 7720Z - flickering and freezes...

Discus and support Issues with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT on Acer 7720Z - flickering and freezes... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an old laptop Acer 7720Z with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT videocard. This videocard was purchased and installed few years ago after default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John_Smith_2020, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Issues with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT on Acer 7720Z - flickering and freezes...

Hello,

I have an old laptop Acer 7720Z with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT videocard. This videocard was purchased and installed few years ago after default GeForce 8600GS died. Everything was working okay with Windows 7 64 bit for years.

Recently I have updated to Windows 10 64 bit. After that I have problems with my videocard - I am unable to install xxxxx NVIDIA drivers running setup.exe - I have freezes or fail messages from NVIDIA installer. I may install them via Videocard->Properties->Update driver, but anyway I have freezes and flickering after that.

I've read this topic:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/nvidia-driver-update-for-nvidia-geforce-9600m-gt/e77d337e-88b7-4215-af17-80d7139e4b17?page=3

and tried to edit drivers before installation but I cannot find information that I need in nvaci.inf.

Please advice me what else I can do to install drivers for NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT for Windows 10 64-bit on laptop Acer 7720Z to avoid freezes and flickering after that.

:)

John_Smith_2020, Dec 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 28, 2020
  3. JDKray Win User
    Screen flickers on new ACER Aspire laptop when not plugged in

Hi,

I bought a new ACER Aspire laptop only about a week ago, and I have noticed that the screen flickers/blinks when it's running on battery. I have two GPUs in this laptop: an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, and an NVIDIA GeForce MX150.

I've tried uninstalling the Intel graphics card in Safe Mode, and then installing all the newest windows updates, like one site suggested, but it didn't seem to fix the problem. Other sites suggested I lower the screen brightness (it's on the minimum at
    the moment and still happening), so that didn't work either.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

JDKray, Dec 28, 2020
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Issues with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT on Acer 7720Z - flickering and freezes...

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

Issues with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT on Acer 7720Z - flickering and freezes...

1. Issues with NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT on Acer 7720Z - flickering and freezes... - Similar Threads - Issues NVIDIA GeForce

2. Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 issue HELP!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 issue HELP!: I have an Hp Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF with intel i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, and a 240W PSU. I also have an Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 in it, but in my PC doesn't recognize it. I do not know what is the problem.Please help!
  3. Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 issue HELP!

Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 issue HELP!: I have an Hp Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF with intel i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, and a 240W PSU. I also have an Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 in it, but in my PC doesn't recognize it. I do not know what is the problem.Please help!
  4. Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 issue

Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 issue: I have an Hp Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF with intel i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, and a 240W PSU. I also have an Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 in it, but in my PC doesn't recognize it. I do not know what is the problem.Please help!
  5. NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 support Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 support Windows 10: Hi all, I'm about to build a custom pc where my cpu 3600x don't have a i-GPU with a MSI B450 mobo, so I ordered a GeForce GT240. I don't know whether windows 10 can support this card. Is it like I install it in the PCI-e and connect the hdmi to monitor from gpu, it works ?...
  6. GeForce GT 630

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GeForce GT 630: Hi I had help yesterday trying to update my drivers. Now upon a clean install and windows 10 updated to latest updates my graphics card failed to update through the GeForce Experience program. It comes up saying this NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this...
  7. nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M: what is this update and it fails to install. 16129
  8. Nvidia Geforce gt 650M Direct3D Acceleration: not available.

Nvidia Geforce gt 650M Direct3D Acceleration: not available.: Hello , Like the title saids The Direct3D acceleration is not working after the updated of windows 10 and i have Directx 12 updated. I also have a Intel HD 4000 graphic card but it seems to work fine on that. It was all fine on till i updated both windows and Nvidia driver so...
  9. NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT compatibility

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT compatibility: I'm currently using W7 Home Premium and would like to upgrade to W10 but I'm concerned my Nvidia graphics card is incompatible. W7 has offered an update for it but it screwed up my display so I rolled back to the previous version, driver 7.15.11.7620 dated 19 July 2008. My...
  10. A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220: Hey guys, I got a new PC yesterday (well, for me it's new) but it has problem with the video card. Windows 10 isn't detecting the Display Driver, which is pretty bad because all my games are lagging because of this. When I start the computer, sometimes (not every time)...