Windows 10: Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder

Discus and support Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff Evoy, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Jeff Evoy Win User

Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder

Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of sharing going on now?

***Original title: Today all normal configs are gone.***

:)

Jeff Evoy, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the when you sign in to the computer, you are signed in to a temp profile. As you have mentioned that you are back to the regular profile however, unable to access a folder, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to access the folder?
    • Which folder did you move and to which profile?

You can try searching for the folder or files inside the folder and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open File Explorer and press
      ctrl + F
      key together.
    2. Search for the folder with the name or the files inside the folder.
    3. You can also search for the file using the file extension adding the
      * sign as a prefix, like *.exe or *.jpeg
    You can also navigate to C:\Users and if you see a folder name starting with Temp, you can look for the file or folder inside the Temp folder.

If you find the folder or the file, you can copy the data.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Windows temp profile

Hi..

I am facing the problem of temp profile login. I followed few steps stated in the websites like removing .bak from your SID. but it doesn't work. Still my profile is logging in to temp profile.

Please do suggest some solution

Thanks

SivaSankaran1, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Kari, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder - Similar Threads - Issues profile data

2. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  3. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  4. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. moving data folders

moving data folders: C: /users folders to an other drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-data-folders/ae3a3f85-1c43-4860-8b8d-eb7f55126ba1
  6. Data Lost - Temp Profile

Data Lost - Temp Profile: Last week my windows got updated. And I was was not able to see my files under my music and my pictures folder. I was however able to find my files under the users folder and I manually copied all of my data to my music and my pictures folder. After I restarted my computer...
  7. temp profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    temp profile: for the last couple of weeks every time I restart my pc and log in I get a different profile and it is temp. I can log longer use my original profile. I am using windows 10 and can't fine a user profile update or add etc. how can i fix this?...
  8. "Temp folder" mistakenly moved

"Temp folder" mistakenly moved: I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I believe this occurred upon restarting from a recent Win10 update. A notice popped up saying something about my "temp" folder getting full and asking my permission to move it. I had no idea what I was doing but figured they did,...
  9. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...
  10. Windows 10 temp profile issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 temp profile issue: Hello, I am deploying Windows 10 to PCs, but there is an issue with computers that are used by multiple domain users. Every time different user tries to log in, he is sent to temp profile. After logout and login again, he is on his own profile. I've tried removing registry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all user data moved to user temp