Windows 10: Issues with purchased Win X install USB.

Discus and support Issues with purchased Win X install USB. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running an older Desktop PC. The recent Windows Update failed and the computer will not boot. I can't locate my install CD so I went and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoyTerrell, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Issues with purchased Win X install USB.

I'm running an older Desktop PC. The recent Windows Update failed and the computer will not boot. I can't locate my install CD so I went and purchased a new copy ( on USB) from the local retailer. Set my Bios to boot from USB, and not I get the blinking cursor in the upper right but it hang there.

:)

JoyTerrell, Oct 15, 2018

2. Staff Pad in-app Purchase

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, please share this:

Are you trying to purchase the app from Windows Store?

Try the below methods and check:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps below to reset the Windows store:

• Press the “Win Logo” + “R”

• Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the USB Drivers.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 15, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Issues with purchased Win X install USB.

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Issues with purchased Win X install USB.

1. Issues with purchased Win X install USB. - Similar Threads - Issues purchased install

2. Win+X insight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+X insight: The following applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11Rt Clk Win logo gives a very useful menu and items that can be clicked. BUT:If Win+X is used instead to see that menu one can notice each item has an underlined letter. Win+X+that letter will take you directly to that item. It...
  3. Win +X insight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win +X insight: The following applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11Rt Clk Win logo gives a very useful menu and items that can be clicked. BUT:If Win+X is used instead to see that menu one can notice each item has an underlined letter. Win+X+that letter will take you directly to that item. It...
  4. Win +X insight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win +X insight: The following applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11Rt Clk Win logo gives a very useful menu and items that can be clicked. BUT:If Win+X is used instead to see that menu one can notice each item has an underlined letter. Win+X+that letter will take you directly to that item. It...
  5. Huawei Matebook X USB and bluetooth connectivity issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huawei Matebook X USB and bluetooth connectivity issues: My USBS and Bluetooth devices connected to my matebook keep randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. I habe tried changing the port and even tried with the Bluetooth mouse which disconnects the same time as the Bluetooth devices, the monitor which is via usb type c hub with a...
  6. Direct X installation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Direct X installation issue: [ATTACH] DX Error when I try to install dxwebsetup.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-x-installation-issue/6923e243-9032-4fbe-8d53-8237b3068b9e
  7. Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues: My company just went and purchased new Surface Pro X's before doing due diligence on full support for software and current equipment. The problem we have is that we need to connect these new Surface Pro X's to meter readers using a USB-c to RS232 serial adapter. I have...
  8. Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue: I currently run Win 7. I just purchased Win 10. I plugged in the USB drive to begin the setup per the instructions however no new device was visable to open. I checked device manager and it shows as an unknown device and I can't seem to locate a driver to make the USB drive...
  9. Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue: Since Windows 10 1903 was released, I'm having a problem with my SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround Sound (external USB sound card). I don't think this is the pro version but I downloaded and updated the latest drivers from Creative. What's strange is that the only way I can get...
  10. Win+x

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win+x: How can I add Programs and Features back to Win+X? 92167