Issues with quick access and file explorer

Discus and support Issues with quick access and file explorer in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kelo, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Kelo Win User

Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything.
    In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well.

I am attaching images to clarify the issues.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

:)

Kelo, Aug 2, 2015
  2. richard31416 Win User

File Explorer not responding after Win 10 Fall Creator update

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestions.

What I tried that worked so far and I'll probably leave at that: go into file explorer options and select 'open file explorer' to This PC. The bugaboo in my case seems to be the Quick Access button. If File Explorer opens to Quick Access or if you select
    Quick Access after File Explorer opens successfully, File Explorer freezes.

richard31416, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Wiedźmin Win User
    Wiedźmin, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Kelo Win User

After a long search, it seems that I finally got a solution from the sevenforums.com that also seems to work for W10.
    Here, there is the link of the post: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...all-items.html

I used the third option which consisted in using the command prompt and worked like a charm.

I hope the solution is useful for anyone that runs into the same problem.

Cheers!

Kelo, Aug 2, 2015
  5. singularity Win User
    Thanks! Had the exact same problem.

singularity, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Amin Win User
    I just tried the second and 3rd method but non of them worked.
    When I copy the code into Command Prompt it gives me this message:

"The system cannot find the path specified."

This happens with both codes.

Please help me, I'm really really stuck.

Amin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Issues with quick access and file explorer - Similar Threads - Issues quick access

Forum Date

Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain

Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain: I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as examples. Although I'm not the owner of the drive, TrustedInstaller is, I've never had these issues before, especially as a user...
User Accounts and Family Safety Today at 6:13 AM

Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain

Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain: I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as examples. Although I'm not the owner of the drive, TrustedInstaller is, I've never had these issues before, especially as a user...
Windows 10 Support Yesterday at 7:02 PM

Multiple Windows 10 issues (Hard freeze/Event logs)

Multiple Windows 10 issues (Hard freeze/Event logs): Hi I've been having issues with my laptop A lenovo ideapad 320. I've had it one month. I started experiencing hard freezes. Where everything would stop the mouse and keyboard would be frozen resulting in me having to just hold the power button and restart it. I clean...
Windows 10 Support Yesterday at 2:02 AM

Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803

Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803: Earlier this week, Microsoft released new June 2018 patches for all supported versions of Windows 10 operating system, including the newly released Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803). At that time, the company acknowledged only one issue in a patch for Windows 10...
Windows 10 News Friday at 11:02 PM

W10 - 1803 USB related issues

W10 - 1803 USB related issues: Hi, My AverMedia Hybrid TV-Tuner USB is not working in 1803. I have tried everything, from Re-Install Drivers, Troubleshoting, Compatibilty settings and nothing helps. I think it is USB related because the App launches normally but when it comes to the point where the...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Thursday at 12:33 PM

Build 16299.19, Issue with Quick Actions at 120% Display Scaling

Build 16299.19, Issue with Quick Actions at 120% Display Scaling: When I use 120% or less display scaling on my 1920x1080 laptop, only 3 instead of 4 quick actions are shown per line in the Action Center. With scaling 121% or higher, 4 quick actions are shown. This only started with the Fall Creators Update. Anyone having the same issue?...
Windows 10 Support Oct 22, 2017

Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access

Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access: I cloned my old 250GB SSD with W10 to a new 500GB SSD using Macrium Reflect. All in all this has worked well, however one issue that annoys me is that I cannot Pin a folder to quick access. When trying to do this I get this error message: "The parameter is not correct". I...
Windows 10 Support Aug 11, 2015
Issues with quick access and file explorer solved