Windows 10: Issues with quick access and file explorer

Discus and support Issues with quick access and file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kelo, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Kelo Win User

Issues with quick access and file explorer

Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything.
    In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well.

I am attaching images to clarify the issues.
    Issues with quick access and file explorer [​IMG]

Issues with quick access and file explorer [​IMG]

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

:)

Kelo, Aug 1, 2015

2. File Explorer not responding after Win 10 Fall Creator update

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestions.

What I tried that worked so far and I'll probably leave at that: go into file explorer options and select 'open file explorer' to This PC. The bugaboo in my case seems to be the Quick Access button. If File Explorer opens to Quick Access or if you select
    Quick Access after File Explorer opens successfully, File Explorer freezes.

richard31416, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Wiedźmin Win User
    Wiedźmin, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Kelo Win User

After a long search, it seems that I finally got a solution from the sevenforums.com that also seems to work for W10.
    Here, there is the link of the post: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...all-items.html

I used the third option which consisted in using the command prompt and worked like a charm.

I hope the solution is useful for anyone that runs into the same problem.

Cheers!

Kelo, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Thanks! Had the exact same problem.

singularity, Sep 16, 2015
  6. Amin Win User
    I just tried the second and 3rd method but non of them worked.
    When I copy the code into Command Prompt it gives me this message:

"The system cannot find the path specified."

This happens with both codes.

Please help me, I'm really really stuck.

Amin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with quick access and file explorer - Similar Threads - Issues quick access

2. Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10: Is there a way to Remove "Quick Access" folder in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-quick-access-in-file-explorer-win10/0fdb23e4-495d-4174-8fea-af02836f1d31"
  3. Explorer Quick access automatic pins

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Quick access automatic pins: Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible. 115577
  4. make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access: In File Explorer the navigation pane shows One Drive, Dropbox, This PC, E: flash drive, and F: flash drive; all with the same named files and folders I frequently use and backup. Since this is very confusing, in order to be sure I make make no mistakes when opening or saving...
  5. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  6. File Explorer - Full navigation from Quick Access not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Full navigation from Quick Access not possible?: I have been on Windows 10 for a few months, and whilst it is mostly fine, File Explorer is driving me up the wall. Can a program be any more broken? I've been using Quick Access for a while, but is useless in terms of navigating through the hierarchy of a folder, so I can...
  7. Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up: We had an issue using file explorer and quick access in Windows 10: the never-ending "working on it" message whenever we tried to access our files. The system never even got to the state where we could use the options menu to disable Quick Access... We ran McAfee Virus...
  8. Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10: Just for info: Remove 'Folders' from 'This PC' tweaks work okay in TP Build 10061. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html 3734
  9. File Explorer Crashes Due To Quick Access - Registry Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Crashes Due To Quick Access - Registry Fix?: I was following a guide suggesting putting custom items in the File Explorer Quick Access Panel. I think I actually set something already in the quick panel - or a "divider line", which I was trying to move to the right so I could see what was in the quick panel already - to...
  10. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261