Windows 10: Issues with ram cache since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Issues with ram cache since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I spent most of yesterday investigating why I was seeing a stutter while playing youtube videos in chrome and also in any video on MPC. Games were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Galactico316, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Issues with ram cache since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2

So I spent most of yesterday investigating why I was seeing a stutter while playing youtube videos in chrome and also in any video on MPC. Games were running smoothly with no stutter.

The only thing that has worked so far is using Empty Standby List to automatically clear my ram cache every 5 minutes. Now, no stutter in videos! However, if I do not disable the scheduled task while playing games, it causes a stutter. This is definitely more of a temporary workaround rather than a fix.

I updated to the latest version of windows 10 20H2 last week which is exactly when I noticed the video stutter. It could be related to chrome too but I've never had any issues like this until now. I'm also using a chrome extension to turn off any tab that I haven't opened in the last 15 mins.

I have also installed patch KB4601382 as I am using an LG C9 tv as a monitor with Gsync.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

My ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3600 CL18 with xmp profile active

Full specs: https://i.imgur.com/lsS0Zko.png

:)

Galactico316, Mar 1, 2021
  2. OldNavyGuy, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Issues with ram cache since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2

Where is my RAM?

Hi,

Cache stored on Windows
    10 restricts your PC
    from working efficiently. If there is a continuous and high volume of cached read requests from any process or from any
    driver, the working set (the number of memory pages in the physical RAM)
    size of the system file cache will grow to meet this demand.
    The system file cache consumes the physical RAM. Therefore, sufficient
    amounts of physical RAM are not available for other processes.

On 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the size of the virtual address range is typically larger than
    the physical RAM. In this situation, the working set for the system file cache can increase to consume most of the physical RAM.

We suggest that you clear caches on your Windows 10 computer to resolve memory usage issues. Few things that you
    can try clearing are the Windows Store and Temp Files caches. Check out the steps below:

How to clear the Windows Store cache:

• Press
      Windows + R keys to open a
      Run prompt.

• Type
      WSReset.exe
      into the text box, then click
      OK.

How to clear the Temp Files cache:

• Open the
      Start menu.

• Type
      Disk Cleanup, then
      press Enter.

• Under the
      Disk Cleanup tab, uncheck all boxes except for
      Temporary Files, then click
      OK.

Hope the above information helps.
    Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Issues with ram cache since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2

1. Issues with ram cache since upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Issues ram cache

2. In-place upgrade 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In-place upgrade 20H2 issue: We are working on IPU TS to upgrade the win1909 to win 20H2. The TS is struck in "Upgrade Operating System" sequence on some devices. We found in the setupact.log that the error occurs in Add driver file processing driver Conexant HD Audio driver. We have seen many references...
  3. Two issues since I updated to 20H2.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two issues since I updated to 20H2.: Several weeks ago, my laptop automatically updated from 1909 to 20H2 regardless of my will. Since it's updated, two issues happened. 1 Slow shutdown time It took around 15 sec to shut down before and takes more than a minute now. 2 Voice recorder not working When I...
  4. 20H2 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 upgrade issue: after 20H2 upgrade the local accounts switch vanished from the starting page. I cannot step in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-upgrade-issue/dd0e0ab7-e163-4cc4-8da9-dfd428e73377
  5. 20H2 upgrade issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    20H2 upgrade issues: Is it normal for this update to allow ONLY a Hello PIN to log onto the computer? Before the update I was logging in with a password, now it's not even an option. I've tried the registry mod without any luck....
  6. Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2: I'm having a little problem since upgrading to 20H2. My PC will suddenly go "dark". The screen turns black and the keyboard lights go out and it is totally unresponsive. The case and power lights stay on, but that is it. Almost all USB devices go dark. The only thing I can do...
  7. Windows Cache Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Cache Issue: Hi guys, I am using windows 10, and it's working really nice. I have one little issue and idk how I can solve it. I try to search on the internet for a solution but till now nothing worked. Some people say its browser cache and others say its windows cache. I want to know how...
  8. RAM upgrade issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM upgrade issue: My windows 10 dell laptop is freezing after every five minutes of switching it on since I've upgraded my RAM from 4gb to 8gb what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-upgrade-issue/7f114dbd-ef55-473e-b288-d79fa41f51f0
  9. windows 10 store cache issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 store cache issue: hey.I ran the windows store troubleshooter and It told me that windows store cache may be corrupted error and service registration.How can I fix it??? 93702
  10. Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10: I get crackles and delays in audio (when watching videos online as well as in files offline). I have tried reinstalling drivers and disabling audio enhancements but that hasn't helped. I've tried a tool called LatencyMon and it points to the network drivers. One of the...