Windows 10: Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10

Discus and support Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I am having issues after updating my Windows 10 version 20H2. Timeframe: I installed the version yesterday. I have 2 issues: 1 It deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HectorCandray, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10

Hi!

I am having issues after updating my Windows 10 version 20H2.

Timeframe: I installed the version yesterday.

I have 2 issues:

1 It deleted every single file in my computer. While that might have been expected for some, it was not for me. Luckily I had backups somewhere else, but I did lose some photos and other files. So if you are reading this and thinking of updating too: save everything beforehand.
    2 Now... moving to the most pressing stuff... The computer works perfectly and its even faster than before probably because it deleted everything. Nevertheless, it does not save the changes I make. For example: I log in and make Google Chrome my predetermined web browser. Then, I restarted the PC and this change was undone. Also, I downloaded a file and had it in my now empty files folder. When I restarted the PC it was gone. Deleted.

What I have noticed/tried: the Start manu has a bunch of my old apps showing as folders, with which I cannot interact. I figured these old applications are interfering with the correct functioning of the PC -somehow making it go into an error and reverse all changes done in the last session. I uninstalled all of the apps that are not default for the system and am left with some problematic apps. I cannot uninstall the old versions of these apps due to an error code 0x80073d23. On other instances, it cannot proceed with the uninstallation because it cannot find the files in the system.

I would appreciate any help with this one!

:)

HectorCandray, Mar 16, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10

Issues after recent Windows update

Hi Martin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community-Forums.

• Which version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?
    • Which update are you referring to?
    • What is the issue you’re facing after installing the update?

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate steps to get the issue fixed.

How to post a question on Microsoft Community

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10

1. Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues recently updated

2. Windows 10 Version Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Version Update Issue: Hi, I got an issue with my Windows 10 Pro HP Probook. Basically, the laptop was on version 20H2 when it was bought, but after I tried to update this laptop to version 21H2 I could not use any of the user accounts to log in. I tried to access via Administrator and local...
  3. Windows 10 Version Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version Update Issue: Hi, I got an issue with my Windows 10 Pro HP Probook. Basically, the laptop was on version 20H2 when it was bought, but after I tried to update this laptop to version 21H2 I could not use any of the user accounts to log in. I tried to access via Administrator and local...
  4. Recent Windows Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows Update Issue: I performed an update to Windows on Friday, and my computer has not been able to connect to my VPN to access my program licenses for school.! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-windows-update-issue/53841de3-14b3-4613-8ec5-92f559df3b43
  5. Recent Windows Update Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows Update Issue: I performed an update to Windows on Friday, and my computer has not been able to connect to my VPN to access my program licenses for school.! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-windows-update-issue/53841de3-14b3-4613-8ec5-92f559df3b43
  6. Recent Windows Update Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 Issues with recent update

Windows 10 Issues with recent update: After updating to the PC to latest release of windows 10, there are lots of issues. I still wonder why Microsoft is not releasing a bug free update of windows 10. Rather than adding more features, first fix the issues that is highly affecting most of the Dell Systems/laptops...
  8. Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues: Since I ran Windows update to version 1909 a day ago, I have been unable to play certain games that I was able to play before. Simply turning on these games maxes out my systems GPU, and creates a very "choppy" FPS. How can you fix this?...
  9. Issue with recent Windows 10 Update

Issue with recent Windows 10 Update: i just decided to do the Windows 10 update thag came out a few weeks ago before I heard about the issues. Unfortunately, the update was a “Update and Restart”, not the usual “Update and shut down”. I cant quite remember what I did, but i just started up my laptop (Dell...
  10. Issue with Recent Update for Windows 10 Version 1709

Issue with Recent Update for Windows 10 Version 1709: I installed the most recent update for windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4457142 When the update was installed, I was having issues with the Xbox app. I kept receiving an error when trying to connect to a party. This has something to do with "server...