Windows 10: Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server

Discus and support Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A while ago (probably over 6 months now) I started getting the error in the first image when trying to RDP into my home server (literally just a pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrTheCheesecaker, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server

A while ago (probably over 6 months now) I started getting the error in the first image when trying to RDP into my home server (literally just a pc with a bunch of HDD's and no peripherals). At the time I tried lookting for a fix, found nothing and switched to the UWP Remote Desktop app which worked.

Problem is, I HATE the UWP Remote Desktop app.

So today I decided to do some more searching, found a tutorial that covered a kinda similar issue which said to disable NLA requirement on the target computer. Trying to connect then gave me the security certificate error in the second image. But by ignoring the error I could at least connect.

Now, because I don't really know what disabling the NLA requirement means, I'm reluctant to leave it off, and google has so far not been helpful in fixing the certificate error either.

If someone could give some insight into either how to connect RDP with the NLA requirement turned on, assurance that it is not required and a fix for the security certificate issue, or a reasonable argument as to why the UWP Remote Desktop app is 'much better actually' that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

submitted by /u/MrTheCheesecaker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrTheCheesecaker, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server

1. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server - Similar Threads - Issues Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop connection issue: I have a workstation that used to run on Win 11 Home. I needed Remote Desktop into the workstation. So, I upgraded it with Windows 11 Pro. I followed the instructions on how to set up Remote Desktop. But, the remote laptop cannot connect to the workstation. Since my remote...
  3. Remote Desktop License server connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop License server connection issue: Having an issue with an RD Session host connecting to our RD licensing server, policies in place, other servers can connect without issue.The licensing diagnoser reports that the license server doesn't have any installed licenses, but the section that I'm trying to understand...
  4. Remote Desktop License server connection issue

Remote Desktop License server connection issue: Having an issue with an RD Session host connecting to our RD licensing server, policies in place, other servers can connect without issue.The licensing diagnoser reports that the license server doesn't have any installed licenses, but the section that I'm trying to understand...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Issues: I am required to install Hive Fabric Client onto my home computer for work, but when I attempt to log in to Hive and access the Remote Desktop a popup is displayed showing the remote desktop could not connect to the remote computer for one of the following reasons; -Remote...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Issues

Remote Desktop Connection Issues: I am required to install Hive Fabric Client onto my home computer for work, but when I attempt to log in to Hive and access the Remote Desktop a popup is displayed showing the remote desktop could not connect to the remote computer for one of the following reasons; -Remote...
  7. Issue with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Remote Desktop Connection: Hi all When trying to RDC onto a machine in my office I get the error message "the connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login". I've enabled RDC through Windows Firewall and also enabled Domain Admins to remote on in System within...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection Issue: Hi, I have 4 computers on a peer-to-peer network. Two of the PCs can log into any PC on the network using Remote Desktop Connection while the other two cannot log into any of them. The two that cannot log into any other computer, displays the error message below. I have...
  9. remote desktop connection issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop connection issues.: I have an issue using the remote desktop connector. firstly i'm connecting to a cloud application that is for our accounting system. only this connection is affected. if I RDT into another PC or server in our facility my issues don't exist. my problem is that after I connect...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection Issues: Hello, I recently changed my primary account alias, which subsequently updated the email that I log into Windows with. However, since then I can't use remote desktop to access my laptop, although I have confirmed that I have access enabled. I can log into my desktop using my...