Windows 10: Issues with Resetting Windows 10

Discus and support Issues with Resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I need help with resetting my PC. I've encountered a lot of issue with my windows 10 so just want to reset it instead. After attempting several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jahziel Montiel, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Issues with Resetting Windows 10

Hi. I need help with resetting my PC. I've encountered a lot of issue with my windows 10 so just want to reset it instead. After attempting several times, my laptop only shows me the blue screen with "Choose Option". And even if I tried those options, it still won't reset my PC. It says undoing changes and nothing happens. Please help me! Im doing online classes with this laptop and can't use it, not even with opening photos and playing videos.

:)

Jahziel Montiel, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2021
  3. EntropyZ Win User
    Windows 10 issues!

I had a similar issue but it only happen on older hardware, Windows would install the stock drivers which would make it nearly impossible to access the internet. Luckily I had newest Intel and Realtek NIC drivers that ran perfectly on Win 10 x64 1607 version, installing those fixed my that problem.

This also can happen on a non-fresh install of WIn 10, when you try to boot from a different computer/motherboard, after a single failed boot, Windows will try to re-detect and re-install all of the drivers, which definitely won't be the most stable or newest.

I tried everything, flushing cache, resetting router, uninstalling the device completely from the list, removing the LAN connection entirely, none of those helped.

EntropyZ, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Issues with Resetting Windows 10

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Issues with Resetting Windows 10

1. Issues with Resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues Resetting

2. Activate issues after PC reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate issues after PC reset: I want to preface this by saying that I've been trying to reach out to Microsoft support for an hour now, only to find out that you can't actually chat or speak to a live agent and that you have to depend on kb articles and community posts to get a Microsoft issue resolved....
  3. Networking Issue - Device needs to be periodically reset up to every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Issue - Device needs to be periodically reset up to every 5 minutes: Hi, I have this awful issue with my WIFI connection on my Windows 10 Pro Machine.To rule anything out, I can confirm issue is only affect Windows 10 on my machine:Other devices in the house on the same WIFI connection are not affectedThe UBUNTU partition on the same device...
  4. I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.: So I followed a guide that explicitly told me to reset the permissions of C: I was having issues with multiple folders of music. Then because of this my windows UI broke, and I had to reset. Now, after the reset, I am still having issues with things like the Minecraft...
  5. Windows 10 Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Reset Issue: After resetting windows 10 desktop computer keeping files it is not detecting my keyboard or mouse so I am unable to login. I unplugged/restarted pc and attempted to start safe mode but does not go to safe mode/BIOS and still just showing login screen and unable to login. I...
  6. Windows Resetting Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Resetting Issue: Hello everyone, I borrowed a friend my extra laptop so I reset Windows to delete all my accounts & files, since then the laptop is stuck on the Mecer page it's a Mecer after powering it on, please help...
  7. Sound issues after a system rebuild & reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after a system rebuild & reset: I decided to "upgrade" my PC after 5 years. It started with just a graphics card change, but when I couldn't figure it out - I sent it to the shop. The guy told me my power supply was bad & I needed a new case so I decided why not change the processor, RAM, & motherboard...
  8. Reset pc issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc issue: I have started reseting my pc and it stuck on 99% for almost 4 hours what should I do now??* Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-issue/60056c11-9c85-4844-94b9-2fc70938d64a
  9. Resetting Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting Issues: I've been having a lot of problems updating my Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10. I've been getting an error, "2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems KB4493441 - Error 0x800f0805" which prevents me from updating. So I thought...
  10. Reset Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Issues: [IMG][IMG]I am having trouble with my laptop. I tried to reset it after it was running slow but then it would not turn back on. It stayed on the loading screen. Now, it tells me it cannot repair itself. And to do anything besides a hard reset, it tells me I need a passeord...