Windows 10: Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

Discus and support Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude 5520 laptop which came with an NVMe KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB SSD. I added a secondary SSD, a TOSHIBA KSG60ZMV256G M.2 2280... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AZ00, Jun 24, 2022.

1. AZ00 Win User

Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

I have a Dell Latitude 5520 laptop which came with an NVMe KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB SSD. I added a secondary SSD, a TOSHIBA KSG60ZMV256G M.2 2280 256GB SSD. However, this caused some issues. When booting after adding the Toshiba SSD, it would take an extremely long time to boot. However, I was able to solve this problem by updating UEFI. However, I am experiencing another problem due to the SSD. When I attempt to restart my computer, windows shuts down but does not boot back up, while the power button remains on and the fans on my computer start up on full power, releasing a lot of heat

:)

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 24, 2022
  3. How to: Recover from bad flash with no secondary card or onboard.

Step 1: Turn your PC on normally.
    Step 2: Press f8 and go into safe mode.
    Step 3: When you're in safe mode, go into device manager and disable your video card.
    Step 4: Restart computer(don't go into safe mode).
    Step 5: Flash your card like you normally do.
    Step 6: Go into device manager and enable your video card.
    Step 7: Restart pc and it will work.
    I found this method when I flashed my 4870 and restarted pc by accident. This method worked for me when I was using a ATI card, can someone confirm that this method works for Nvidia cards.

I posted this on OCN and I might as well post it on this forum to help out others.

fadedmemories, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

little cat, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

1. Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD - Similar Threads - Issues Restarting Device

2. After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone: I am Agus, my laptop is Lenovo Legion 5. When i was playing valorant, i open the chrome and watch a youtuber doing a live, and then suddenly my laptop went bluescreen and restarted. After restart, my secondary SSD was gone with all the file inside of it. I already did what...
  3. Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD: I have a Dell Latitude 5520 laptop which came with an NVMe KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB SSD. I added a secondary SSD, a TOSHIBA KSG60ZMV256G M.2 2280 256GB SSD. However, this caused some issues. When booting after adding the Toshiba SSD, it would take an extremely long time...
  4. Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD: I have a Dell Latitude 5520 laptop which came with an NVMe KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB SSD. I added a secondary SSD, a TOSHIBA KSG60ZMV256G M.2 2280 256GB SSD. However, this caused some issues. When booting after adding the Toshiba SSD, it would take an extremely long time...
  5. secondary device use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    secondary device use?: Hey everybody! I have a Dell Inspiron device running on 7th gen i5,8gb ram and a new ssd. It is my secondary device sitting idle besides my mac. What good use can I put it to if I do not want to sell it now or give it to someone else for the time being :p submitted by...
  6. ASUS secondary monitor issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS secondary monitor issue.: Hi Guys, I hope all is well with you and your family, I am not sure what seems to be the problem but I notice it affects to ASUS MoBo, my Laptop and two desktop has the same problem, most probably I think it's the Windows 10 update bug to ASUS MoBo. Problem: Secondary...
  7. Creating a system image on a secondary SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a system image on a secondary SSD: I have 3 drives in my pc. C (Boot Drive), D (secondary SSD), and D (secondary SSD). I have been trying to create a system image and save it on my D drive, but for some reason I am getting a message stating that a system image cannot be saved on a drive that my computer uses...
  8. SSD Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match: Hi, Clone a HP laptop SSD (512Gb) with another SSD (512Gb) to replace the onboard SSD which was failing short test but running OK. Replace the lap top with clone SSD and it can boot and operate OK except when idle, the HDD light remain on. Checking with Device Manger, it...
  9. SSD device not migrated due to partila or ambiguous match

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD device not migrated due to partila or ambiguous match: Hi, I just clone a SSD (512Gb) to replace the SSD(512Gb) on my HP laptop which failed short test but running OK. Both brand of SSD are Micron. Replace the on board SSD to the clone SSD and able to boot up and operate no problem. Only issue is the HDD (SSD) light stay on...
  10. Dell 8920 - ssd and is secondary below it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell 8920 - ssd and is secondary below it?: Could you guys take a quick look at my photo of the drives in my Dell 8920 and explain this arrangement? Can I clone my OS and then pull the power and little black plug wire off of what I 'think' is the currently installed SSD and use them for a 1TB replacement SSD? There...