Windows 10: Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing

Discus and support Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've been looking at solutions for my girlfriends pc, we were trying to fix a driver issue and we went to look to see if windows updates were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nertle44, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing

Hello,

I've been looking at solutions for my girlfriends pc, we were trying to fix a driver issue and we went to look to see if windows updates were working and they weren't they gave a: 0x80080005 but Still unable to update. We tried to use the update manually through 2004, but it crashed and blue screen. read it could have something to do with her nvidia driver, though she is on the lastest version. We tried the media creation tool and it instantly blue screened as she opened it. I thought that we could use the restore point system, but when it got close to finishing it gave the 0x80080005 again. I'm not sure what to do. I'm trying to avoid the reset/reinstall os as much as i can since she'd like to not have to reinstall all of her apps. It seems like a lot of the system processes have started randomly degrading? Restore point took a while to come up, and then updates takes a while to throw the 0x80080005 error code.

If anyone can give any help that'd be awesome! thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/nertle44
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nertle44, Jun 19, 2020
  2. JamesNW Win User

Windows 10 restore points how do I make and use restore points properly?

To create a restore-point in Win10:

• In the task-bar search box ("I'm Cortana...)
    • type in "Restore"
    • Popup menu shows "Create a restore point", click to select this
    • The System Properties dialog box show up - System Protection tab displaying
    • Make sure the C drive protection setting is ON.
    • Click on the "Create..." button to create a restore-point. Enter the name of the restore-point and select Create.
    • Done.

To restore to a restore-point (AKA rollback your system)
    - Same steps as before.
    - Instead of "Create..", select "System Restore..." button
    - Select the restore-point you want and restore.

Typically, you should create a restore point before installing any not well-known software, drivers, etc. Any suspicion of malware or ill behaviors (system crashed, slow, etc), you should use the restore-point to rollback the system.

JamesNW, Jun 19, 2020
  3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 19, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing

Restore points being deleted

This is not a pitch but a valid suggestion of a superior alternative.

cereberus, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing

1. Issues with restore point + windows updates + crashing - Similar Threads - Issues restore point

2. RESTORE POINT ISSUES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESTORE POINT ISSUES: Hello.Aftera restore point on win11 i can open png or jpeg files.Also i can not play videos and the icons in start screen of mail and calendar app missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-issues/51bcddb9-74f4-467a-970c-884bb2ac7233
  3. RESTORE POINT ISSUES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RESTORE POINT ISSUES: Hello.Aftera restore point on win11 i can open png or jpeg files.Also i can not play videos and the icons in start screen of mail and calendar app missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-issues/51bcddb9-74f4-467a-970c-884bb2ac7233
  4. Restore Point Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Point Crashing: We had a power outage while my computer was running a restore point. when the power came back it could not boot to the lock screen, it keeps showing me the statyup screen which leads to the recovery options. I've been trying to use the system restore point to recover my pc...
  5. Restore Point Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Point Crashing: We had a power outage while my computer was running a restore point. when the power came back it could not boot to the lock screen, it keeps showing me the statyup screen which leads to the recovery options. I've been trying to use the system restore point to recover my pc...
  6. Restore Point Crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. restore point crash

restore point crash: so my restore point crashed after a few hours of restoring. but i have a bootable media so can i use that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-crash/d2890a15-c848-448a-b088-815d0d036952
  8. Windows Update issue after using a system restore point.

Windows Update issue after using a system restore point.: Hello, I am currently facing an issue in which it is showcasing me to update my Windows 10 but after im restarting my PC , the message still displays to update my Windows. A little bit of flashback ; When I wanted to undo a system recovery point I did one system recovery...
  9. Restore Point issue with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Point issue with Windows 10: Hi, I see following issue with Restore Point in Windows 10. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Pls guide me how to fix it? Regards InTechSys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-issue-with-windows-10/14684295-3264-4ec3-bda4-7af0816176d1
  10. Windows update removed restore points

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update removed restore points: so one has to recreate that. Too bad one cannot go back. Wanted to use a restore point because all of a sudden my Outlook 2016 is gone. Off course one cannot find this when scrolling down after hitting the left corner and hitting then "all apps", where it is not seen. I...