Windows 10: Issues with scaling on Windows 10

Discus and support Issues with scaling on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I recently received my Lenovo laptop back from our IT department off of a re-image. Prior to the reimage, I did not have the following problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaRed1, Sep 29, 2018.

1. DaRed1 Win User

Issues with scaling on Windows 10

Hello. I recently received my Lenovo laptop back from our IT department off of a re-image. Prior to the reimage, I did not have the following problem.

The scaling (or so I believe it's called) is set incredibly high. This affects the text size in each Microsoft product (Excel, Outlook, IE, desktop icon font, etc). The size of the text is so big that I can only see a few letters on the items.

I have gone through every possible option on the Display settings (changed scaling from 100% to 175% on each monitor). None of that made it better.

Resolution is set to max on each monitor (1920x1080 on all screens including the laptop).

I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga. Using 2 Dell E2416H monitors through a Gen 2 Lenovo ThinkPad USB C-Dock. Display adapters in Device Manager are: Intel HD Graphics 620 and Dameware Development Mirror Driver 64-bit.

As I said before none, of the hardware has changed. All I did was unplug the USB-C cable from the dock, sent my laptop in for re-

image, and plugged it back in when I received it back.

IT has been through the laptop from top to bottom and can't figure out what's wrong. From their POV through remote desktop, it looks fine. Which it's not.

First world problems for sure, but I'd like to have this fixed so I can actually be productive. If you look at the first photo below, see how big the text is that's not part of the menu system (Organize and New Folder)? It doesn't seem as big of an issue on the screenshots but it's crazy big on my screen.

Issues with scaling on Windows 10 35187e46-117e-4857-a92b-1bcaafc2e1de?upload=true.jpg Issues with scaling on Windows 10 8fe776af-2f70-4488-969f-c307d92cd5f9?upload=true.png

Issues with scaling on Windows 10 fcfd586f-1d09-4102-bee8-05264556123a?upload=true.png

:)

DaRed1, Sep 29, 2018

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Scaling Issues!!!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise due to the change in settings. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before providing troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Settings on the search bar and open Settings.

• Click on System and choose Display.

• You will see change the size of Text, apps, and other items.

• Make changes accordingly and check if it helps. If the issue still persists:

• Click on Advance Display settings

• Change the resolution accordingly and check if it helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

scales & applications

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a display setting issue that caused this on your applications. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you used an external monitor previously?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article and perform the troubleshooting steps given to see if there will be any changes:

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

If you think this was useful, kindly mark it as answer to help fellow community members who are also experiencing the same issue.

Xylee Del, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with scaling on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues scaling

2. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 scaling issue: On Windows 10 I have mistakenly adjusted the scaling which I thought was just for one application. However, it has made the desktop icons are so big that they overfill the screen so I can’t get back in to change the setting back. Any advice would by very welcome....
  3. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 scaling issue: On Windows 10 I have mistakenly adjusted the scaling which I thought was just for one application. However, it has made the desktop icons are so big that they overfill the screen so I can’t get back in to change the setting back. Any advice would by very welcome....
  4. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  6. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  7. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows: Hello everyone,I've been encountering a challenging situation with my 4K monitor setup where maintaining a 100% scaling in Windows for C# development has led to a nearly unusable user interface due to extremely small icons and text. This includes critical elements like the...
  9. Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows

Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows: Hello everyone,I've been encountering a challenging situation with my 4K monitor setup where maintaining a 100% scaling in Windows for C# development has led to a nearly unusable user interface due to extremely small icons and text. This includes critical elements like the...
  10. Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors: I have two monitors connected to my laptop that are different sizes and resolutions. When I change the scaling, everything is huge on the smaller monitor and extremely tiny on the larger one. This results in both monitors being unusable. The icons and text on the larger...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lenovo x1 yoga dock scaling set to 100%

2. windows 10 1903 resolution 150% recommended