Windows 10: Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Discus and support Issues with screen time limit on child account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fred and Diana, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Hi,

We urgently need help to solve the following problem.

We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop.

As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears:

Time is up! This device is blocked because of your family settings for screen time.

Now we have the following options:

"my parent is here" or "send request"

If we use option one a window pops up saying."An error has occured. Since you are an admin on this device, you'll need to send a request for more screen time. When we click on this button to send the request a message pops up saying "Something went wrong. we are unable to send your request.Are you connected to the internet?

And then the laptop goes back to the screen where you need to enter your MS Password.

Steps we did so far:

Turned off screen time limits on family account

removed child from family account and added it back on

restarted all devices

We urgently need to resolve this as the laptop. Thank you

***Modified title from: URGENT!!! Screen time Block on child's device won't unlock***

:)

Fred and Diana, Mar 21, 2019

2. Child needs to see remaining screen time

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to extend screen time limit for your child account. I suggest you to refer the following article for more information on

time limits for child account

Also refer the following article for troubleshooting steps to fix issues with

screen time limit

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 21, 2019
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Time limits not enforced on child account

Hi,

It is possible that there is a problem with the connection of your child's account to your Family settings. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried removing the child account and add it again?
    • Is your child using other computer or device aside from the one she's using?
    • Have you tried removing the child's computer or device associated with her Microsoft account and then add it again?

In addition, you can check Stan Kozicki's post on this link
    for further isolation.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Issues with screen time limit on child account.

1. Issues with screen time limit on child account. - Similar Threads - Issues screen limit

2. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account: Hi,I seem to have made a terrible mistake this evening...Earlier this evening I played Minecraft with my son using my daughter’s account We have two separate licences of Minecraft for our kids. When she wanted her computer back I thought I just logged in to her account on my...
  3. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account: Hi,I seem to have made a terrible mistake this evening...Earlier this evening I played Minecraft with my son using my daughter’s account We have two separate licences of Minecraft for our kids. When she wanted her computer back I thought I just logged in to her account on my...
  4. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Time Limits on Child Accounts Not Working for All Children: Appears Random

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Limits on Child Accounts Not Working for All Children: Appears Random: I have a relatively large family. I have six children set up with their Microsoft account on three of our Windows 10 machines, and each child has screen time limits set with "Use one schedule on all devices" on. All children have logged in to at least two of the three...
  6. Child screen time limit over-logging.

Child screen time limit over-logging.: My child is consistently logging more than 24hrs per day screen time Recent Activity / Screen Time which rather calls into question the reliability of the screen time measurement. He is limited from 6:30 am until 7 pm with a maximum of 8hrs Screen Time settings yet by 7:30 am...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Time Limits for Child Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screen Time Limits for Child Accounts: OK. So, I've been using Screen Time schedules and hours for all of my children's accounts for over a year, and occasionally things get messed up, and these are my observations so far: If the account gets locked because of Screen Time limitations, and the child who is...
  8. Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.

Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.: I have child account in my family group and I found that "Time Limit" end in less time then defined. Now it's define for 6hr. Usage show 5:35 only and account is blocked. By time window usage allowed also. Device limits What can cause it?...
  9. My child is getting around Screen Time limits

My child is getting around Screen Time limits: A quick look on the internet describes several ways a child can disable parental control on-screen time. Such as going to Task Manager and deleting the "Family Control". This gives my child unlimited access to screen time... There is a YouTube tutorial on this method! If...
  10. Child Time limits not working

Child Time limits not working: My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule It does log his time, which I can see when I look at his activity tab. His account is also not blocking apps that it is supposed to block. For instance, his...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen time limit in child account

2. family safety screen time request not connected to the internet