Windows 10: Issues with scrolling

Discus and support Issues with scrolling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So from what I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot this it seems like it’s a fairly common issue.. a couple of days ago I updated my laptop to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DiscoMagicParty, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Issues with scrolling

So from what I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot this it seems like it’s a fairly common issue.. a couple of days ago I updated my laptop to windows 10 from (i think) windows 7 and since then I’m unable to scroll using the little line going down the right side of the touchpad. All the suggestions I’ve seen all involve the 2 finger scroll which I think is irrelevant because my laptop is older (HP Pavilion entertainment PC) and it’s always used single finger with the line going down the right side. I’ve checked the setting and it seems to be enabled (the touchpad itself works fine still) so I’ve been having to click and drag on the webpages scroll bars I’m order to scroll which is driving me crazy. I’ve also checked the regions and based on the diagram that’s it shows it seems to be registering the movement. I feel like this is as simple as something set incorrectly but I can’t figure out what that is. Any help would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/DiscoMagicParty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DiscoMagicParty, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 25, 2020
  3. pedsto Win User
    scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Issues with scrolling

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Issues with scrolling

1. Issues with scrolling - Similar Threads - Issues scrolling

2. Occasional issue with windows key & middle click scroll [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional issue with windows key & middle click scroll [Windows 11]: I have had a persistent issue over the last year or so with my PC. Backstory as to why it is such an irritating issue is that for one, I use a taskbar that auto-hides itself when I am using my PC, as well as the issue seems to cause other problems elsewhere with other...
  3. Occasional issue with windows key & middle click scroll [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional issue with windows key & middle click scroll [Windows 11]: I have had a persistent issue over the last year or so with my PC. Backstory as to why it is such an irritating issue is that for one, I use a taskbar that auto-hides itself when I am using my PC, as well as the issue seems to cause other problems elsewhere with other...
  4. i have a very strange issue involving my mouse . clicking and scroll button not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a very strange issue involving my mouse . clicking and scroll button not working.: i have a very strange issue involving my mouse . when i plug my mouse in i can not click on apps such as google and more. if i open task manager the problem is solved but my mouse scroll button is also not working. scrolling is working but not the center click.so if i hold...
  5. i have a very strange issue involving my mouse . clicking and scroll button not working.

i have a very strange issue involving my mouse . clicking and scroll button not working.: i have a very strange issue involving my mouse . when i plug my mouse in i can not click on apps such as google and more. if i open task manager the problem is solved but my mouse scroll button is also not working. scrolling is working but not the center click.so if i hold...
  6. I’m having a scrolling issue done factory reset and changes mouse and inputs still...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I’m having a scrolling issue done factory reset and changes mouse and inputs still...: As above using desktop pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-scrolling-issue-done-factory-reset-and/8daa60f9-5eb4-4ce0-b542-4b76f989ace2
  7. auto typing and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto typing and scrolling issue: yesterday 08-09-2023 i updated windows regular update and the keyboard started to automatically type and i wasnt able to type my password also when i managed to start windows after some times the mouse started scrollinf by itslef . what should i do?...
  8. auto typing and scrolling issue

auto typing and scrolling issue: yesterday 08-09-2023 i updated windows regular update and the keyboard started to automatically type and i wasnt able to type my password also when i managed to start windows after some times the mouse started scrollinf by itslef . what should i do?...
  9. i am facing an scrolling , selecting and auto pausing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am facing an scrolling , selecting and auto pausing issues: i am facing an issue in which whenever I select an app in my app list or I select a option it always select first option on my list or display and it start stuttering and don't let me select the option I want to select or open an app I want to open at the end I have to use...
  10. i am facing an scrolling , selecting and auto pausing issues

i am facing an scrolling , selecting and auto pausing issues: i am facing an issue in which whenever I select an app in my app list or I select a option it always select first option on my list or display and it start stuttering and don't let me select the option I want to select or open an app I want to open at the end I have to use...