Windows 10: Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

Discus and support Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Faulkal, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes and you can’t type anything to search)

Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xc404ae05 Faulting module name: ConstraintIndex.Search.dll, version: 10.0.19041.153, time stamp: 0x4f1e28d8 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000b7196 Faulting process id: 0x227c Faulting application start time: 0x01d6bf7a6796dd20 Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchApp.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ConstraintIndex.Search.dll Report Id: 2d4480c2-ff63-44ce-b380-ac72121c328f Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.0.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy Faulting package-relative application ID: CortanaUI

submitted by /u/Faulkal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Faulkal, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

1. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update. - Similar Threads - Issues searchapp crashing

2. The searchApp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The searchApp: After system crash the last objects to run on the program in windows 10 wereThe system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application BackgroundTaskHost.exe -system errorThis overrun could potentiall allow a malicious user to gain control of this...
  3. Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update: Hi, I have a bit of a weird issue since the latest Win10 update. I have 6 screens. The bottom middle one is my primary. Win key opens up the start menu fine on the primary screen. However, my "pinned" apps now show on the top right screen! They used to show (correctly) on the...
  4. SearchApp crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10 . I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  5. SearchApp crash

SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10. I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  6. Microphone issues since latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues since latest windows update.: Ever since the latest windows update when activated my microphone just outputs a bunch of static when ever it receives any sound. Microphone was tested with other devices and worked perfectly fine and worked perfectly fine pre update. Updating driver proved fruitless....
  7. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  8. Random sleeping since latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random sleeping since latest update: This is my first post on this subreddit, and I’m not entirely sure which flair to use so I hope this is right. Also please excuse my lack of technical understanding, I’m a bit of a newbie at this lol. I’ll try and give some context to the issue I’ve been having below, if...
  9. Latest Update crashing

Latest Update crashing: Since July 4th,I have had nothing but problems with my laptop. I assume it is due to yet another unrequested update.I have to post this asap,I realize without as much info because my pc is going to crash..again. It is win 10,only 14 mos old, been checked and said it is NOT my...
  10. Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update

Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update: Help, I actually repair and update other people's PCs and Laptops for a living, but this is doing my head in ! Ever since the latest Windows update, 1803 I believe, I am having multiple problems with this PC. It crashes as a usual BSOD, completely unexpectedly and randomly,...