Windows 10: Issues with shut down/restart window 10.

Discus and support Issues with shut down/restart window 10. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I just had my Asus laptop since last September, been working fine with everything. Recently, I had some malware which automatically open random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elnos, Jan 14, 2017.

1. elnos Win User

Issues with shut down/restart window 10.

So I just had my Asus laptop since last September, been working fine with everything. Recently, I had some malware which automatically open random pages in my Mozilla Firefox whenever I click on anything. So I decided to reset the whole laptop since I didn't find any solution for that problem.
    Just reset it couple days ago, after that, everything works fine again.
    But one main issue which is really annoyed me.
    Whenever I leave the lap open for long enought so the system automatically shut off or sleep, or I want to turn on the device, or restarting it, it took so long for the device to start. As I counted, it takes 3-4 mins for it to appears the welcome screen to type in passcode. So just the time since start until be able to use is that long, which is crazy to me. There would be just one black screen with the circle dot motion keep spinning until welcome screen. After I got into the main desktop, everything works fine, which is so weird. Normally it takes only 5-6 seconds.
    One more relative issue to that is when I tried to turn off the device, couple seconds later everything is off, no more engine sound, no more signal lights, but just the power button light. It will be there forever if I didn't force it to be off by keep pushing the button for several seconds. Same thing happen when I restart the laptop, it just went off and power light on, and I had to force turn off and turn on again, and wait 3-4 mins.
    This thing drove me crazy last couple days.
    Am I missing some driver or something? I am new to window 10 as well as technology stuff.
    Please let me know if you all have any solution for this.
    Thanks,
    P/s: my latop is Asus Zenbook UX305UA if that helps.

:)

elnos, Jan 14, 2017

2. Shut Down Causes Restart after Window 10 Upgrade

Hello All,

I have an older machine, HP Elite 8000...

Shut Down Button would go to Restart instead.

Solution for older machines.

In the power settings instead of having the Shut Down Button allocated to Shut Down I allocated it to Do Nothing. The same with the Sleep Button. I allocated it to Do Nothing.

One outcome seems to have been that I have to Log In now whereas this was not the case before...

So that could be a issue for people who have not already setup passwords (even though I did not have the computer set to request them)

I was going to revert back to Windows 7 but now that I have this solution I will stay with 10.

Esente

Esente Umano, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Getting a black screen when restarting PC

No, that's not what I did. I click on the Start button to restart.

And it was restarted, the issue happened. And now I'm facing the same issue when I shut down my laptop.

Before I shut it down, I noticed it said "update and shut down" which I did. And when I turn on again later, the same issue happened again.

Does this always happens with Windows 10 whenever it wants to update?

NicoleDanker, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

On an Asus laptop I have, selecting Shutdown behaved just like you describe: laptop was shutdown but the power light stayed on and to turn laptop on again I had to first press the power button a few seconds to get it completely powered off, then press power button to turn it on.

Restart did completely shut down laptop, not restarting.

An easy fix resolved it; seems that when Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power in Intel Management Engine Interface's properties was selected as it is by default, that caused this odd shutdown and restart behaviour. Unchecking it completely resolved the issue and now this Asus laptop shutdowns and restarts normally.

Issues with shut down/restart window 10. [​IMG]

5. elnos Win User
    Kari, thank you for your quick respone.
    I followed exactly what you said, hoping the issue was resolved.
    But it didn't, everything still the same.
    Don't know if you know any other solution for this.

elnos, Jan 14, 2017
  6. asusG Win User
    maybe try in power options set to ' never' turn off display & disable sleep. Also you might have defective power button that is sticking.

asusG, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with shut down/restart window 10. - Similar Threads - Issues shut down

2. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Windows 10, login error and restart/shut down issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, login error and restart/shut down issue.: Can’t login to Windows 10 without the “The RPC server is unavailable.” Popping up when I try. I can’t even restart or shut down my laptop due to it saying. “If you restart now, you and any other people using this PC could lose unsaved work.” and it never does what I want it...
  7. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/martin_m_n_novy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwclnn/shutting_down_doesnt_fully_shut_down_windows_10/
  8. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  9. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can. When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power Led is on, even after couple of hours... it can goup to 12... For Shutting it down Completely, I have to hold Power Button...
  10. Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago for the most part it works fine, but one day it stopped being able to shut down properly. When I tell it to shut down it does actually shut down but only for a second before it starts restarting. This problem has been going on for 2-3...