Windows 10: Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3

Discus and support Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently attempted to update my surface 3 from the windows 10 1501 build to the latest build. After encountering realtek usb driver issues I managed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OzilsAssistant, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3

I recently attempted to update my surface 3 from the windows 10 1501 build to the latest build. After encountering realtek usb driver issues I managed to finally get the update to finish. However, at the sign on screen clicking the sign in link for my account causes a blank pop up titled 'microsoft account' to pop up, which begins white, then turns grey, then finally disappears leaving me at the sign in screen where I started. At no point do I get a login dialog box of any description. Furthermore, my attempts to start up in safe mode or reset the laptop haven't worked as the bitlocker key which is required is not stored in my account, and I have no recollection whatsoever of having this key stored elsewhere. Is there any way I can salvage the contents of my hard drive and run a clean, fresh install of windows 10. Cheers

:)

OzilsAssistant, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

wifi issue on surface 3

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you facing this issue after the firmware update?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

As you mentioned that you’re not able to connect to Wi-Fi not only the surface 3 as well as other devices, so issue may not be with your surface 3 it may be with your ISP.

I suggest you to check with your ISP provide.

Keeps us posted on the status of the issue, so that we can help you better.

Arun B J, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3

Wilfredo_Soto, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3

1. Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3 - Similar Threads - Issues sign bitlocker

2. Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.: Hi,I am struggling to get through the bitlocker locked surface laptop 3. It happened all of a sudden after update and I never knew about bitlocker encryption. So now I do not have outlook email address that was used for login, which mean no bitlocker key. I tried everything...
  3. Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.: Hi,I am struggling to get through the bitlocker locked surface laptop 3. It happened all of a sudden after update and I never knew about bitlocker encryption. So now I do not have outlook email address that was used for login, which mean no bitlocker key. I tried everything...
  4. Surface Go 3 on-screen keyboard issue at Windows 11 sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Go 3 on-screen keyboard issue at Windows 11 sign-in: I've got a Surface Go 3 and recently the on-screen keyboard just stops working temporarily at Windows 11 sign-in. After maybe 4-5 characters a pin shows on the right hand side of the characters like a selection pin and when I try to type it bounces. The only way to get around...
  5. Surface Go 3 on-screen keyboard issue at Windows 11 sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go 3 on-screen keyboard issue at Windows 11 sign-in: I've got a Surface Go 3 and recently the on-screen keyboard just stops working temporarily at Windows 11 sign-in. After maybe 4-5 characters a pin shows on the right hand side of the characters like a selection pin and when I try to type it bounces. The only way to get around...
  6. Surface Pro BitLocker Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Pro BitLocker Issue: My previous Surface Pro 4 was rendered not usable due to an expansion of the battery. The hard drive was recovered without any damage BUT BitLocker protection was applied to it. Since I do not have that unit any more where can I locate the BitLocker code in my account for the...
  7. Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3: Wondering how to get rid of Bitlocker on my tablet. I went to boot it up after charging and got the Bitlocker Recovery screen. I have never set up Bitlocker and honestly had never even heard of it until this happened. My Surface is for only my use and I’m the only one who has...
  8. BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly: Hi, when i turn on the BitLocker on my Surface Pro 3 and restart the device, I end up in a Loop where i constantly have to enter the recovery Key. The TPM says, that it's working correctly and I also re-installed the complete Windows. I also installed all Updates and Fixes....
  9. BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2: A few months back I purchased the new Surface Book 2 for a bit over 3,000 EUR. I had high hopes that as Microsoft knows this hardware inside out (just like Apple does with their MacBooks) I would not anymore have to go through the usual driver issues and what not but instead...
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...