Windows 10: Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem

Discus and support Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My one-and-a-half year old computer has been through a lot lately, but I'll try and keep this short sorry if this becomes a wall of text. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tracy_c, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Tracy_c Win User

Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem

My one-and-a-half year old computer has been through a lot lately, but I'll try and keep this short sorry if this becomes a wall of text. After installing some windows and dell updates, my computer started taking over a minute and half to get to the login screen. Prior to this, a few months ago, my computer installed some windows updates, but then when I went to shut down, my computer kept restarting. I figured out how to turn off the fast startup option, and the problem was solved, but I never forgot the sentence I read in the instructions, "This could be indication of a more serious proble

:)

Tracy_c, Nov 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 Creators Won't Stay Asleep

Hi Greg,

Based on your concern, it appears that your computer won't stay asleep after upgrading to the new Windows Creators Update.

To help us isolate the issue and eventually come up with the best resolution, kindly provide us the following information.

• May we confirm the build of the Creators Update you are using?
    • You mentioned that you have tried every solution already. May we know what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Nov 7, 2021
  3. Computer Won't Stay Asleep

Hi,

Computer won't stay asleep due to countless culprits: an accidental swipe of the mouse, a scheduled system task, and any number of other weird settings that reside in Windows' power options. To fix the issue, you may disable the Ethernet adapter's so that system
    may stay asleep. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.

2. Click the plus next to Network adapters, then find the Ethernet adapter for your system.

3. Right-click the adapter name and choose Properties.

4. Click the Power Management tab, then clear the checkbox next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

5. Click OK, then restart the computer.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Nov 7, 2021
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep

Looks like there's an incompatibility with the drivers and the Creators update that you're using right now. May we suggest going back to your previous system build for now as it the only workaround we have for the issue right now. To do this, follow the
    steps below:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.

Josef Bri, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem - Similar Threads - Issues slow start

2. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  3. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  4. Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem: My one-and-a-half year old computer has been through a lot lately, but I'll try and keep this short sorry if this becomes a wall of text. After installing some windows and dell updates, my computer started taking over a minute and half to get to the login screen. Prior to...
  5. Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with slow start up, staying asleep, and one other scary problem: My one-and-a-half year old computer has been through a lot lately, but I'll try and keep this short sorry if this becomes a wall of text. After installing some windows and dell updates, my computer started taking over a minute and half to get to the login screen. Prior to...
  6. Desktop will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop will not stay asleep: Since I put a wired mouse in b/c my wireless one failed, the pc won't stay asleep. I since put the wireless one in and after a Logitech driver install the wireless one works. I down loaded the driver from Logitech and set pint -it is a M310 and keyboard is K520 No trouble...
  7. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  8. windows 10 will not stay asleep

windows 10 will not stay asleep: When sleep after 10 min is set, PC will go to sleep then awake in 1 min and keep cycling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-stay-asleep/8b9544ae-2fd8-487e-be6d-fa1ac6c9da56
  9. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  10. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own: Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes itself up. I have noticed a few things however in regards to this annoyance. 1) The computer will turn itself on as well as...