Windows 10: Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

Discus and support Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got on my laptop a minute ago to watch a video and I realized that there is a red circle with an "x" next to it but when I try to turn the sound up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaitlyn DeLoughy, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

I got on my laptop a minute ago to watch a video and I realized that there is a red circle with an "x" next to it but when I try to turn the sound up nothing happens. When I click on the sound icon it says troubleshoot could not detect a problem. What do I do I do to fix my sound problem?

***Original title: The sound on my laptop***

:)

Kaitlyn DeLoughy, Dec 12, 2018

2. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

1. Which version of Windows are you running?

2. Which version of Internet Explorer or other browser?

3. Does "sound icon" refer to the sound icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Dec 12, 2018
  3. JaneDowns Win User
    my sound icon has a red x and i have no sound

no sound the icon has a red x on it

JaneDowns, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

Red X on the sound icon

Help me fix the red X on my sound icon.

I just reinstalled windows 10 pro on my pc and now my audio stopped working.

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling but it keeps going to nvidia HD audio.

All the audio jacks are not working.

Nothing shows in the audio output.

I even tried looking in hidden connections.

But nothing shows.

How do i fix this?

AshwinSatra, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

1. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Issues sound red

2. I have a red "x" over my sound icon in taskbar and then says no output device is installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a red "x" over my sound icon in taskbar and then says no output device is installed...: no sound windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-red-x-over-my-sound-icon-in-taskbar-and/8a2127dd-79c1-46dd-8e81-d386937da3fe
  3. I have a red "x" over my sound icon in taskbar and then says no output device is installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a red "x" over my sound icon in taskbar and then says no output device is installed...: no sound windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-red-x-over-my-sound-icon-in-taskbar-and/8a2127dd-79c1-46dd-8e81-d386937da3fe
  4. Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I have done everything. I have used the trouble shooter. I have uninstalled all drivers and devices. I am unable to uninstall past updates. I have contacted Acer and they can't help any more. Only thing I haven't done is reformat...
  5. no sound red cross by speaker icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  6. Red x on sound icon, Sound driver hardware not connected Issue 45

Red x on sound icon, Sound driver hardware not connected Issue 45: One day my sound just stopped working. A red x appeared on the sound icon bottom right, where you would usually click to change the volume and sound doesn't work. When I click on it, the troubleshooter appears. It says that it needs to restart to reinstall drivers, but...
  7. No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.

No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.: I have a 'no audio driver installed' message after a reset in windows 10. Lots of websites offering audio drivers, that I am unwilling to trust. So Is there away of getting audio drivers from MS, and is Driver Talent a reliable download to overcome my problem? Many...
  8. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

My Audio icon has a red X and no sound: Dear everyone, I am writing to you on behalf of Sound Problem in device. My laptop band is Asus, it is so old 3-4 years. I have just updated win 10, it isn't activated. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound. I saw many webs and solutions but It was not effective. It...
  9. no sound, red X on sound icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound, red X on sound icon: I wanted to watch a video on my PC but there was no sound with a red circle with “X” on sound icon. I couldn’t turn the sound on. Troubleshooting couldn’t detect a problem....
  10. Red "X" on the sound icon.

Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red x on sound icon on windows 10

2. windows 10 laptop speaker and mic icon has red x

3. sound has red x on pc

4. speaker icon has a red x no audio output device is installed and there is no listing for sound in device manager,
  5. audio has red x windows 10 new gaming pc,
  6. red x mark on sound icon windows 10,
  7. windows 10 red x sound,
  8. no sound from internal speakers red x beside speaker icon,
  9. fix red x on pc sound,
  10. red x on sound,
  11. red x on sound icon how to fix it