Windows 10: Issues with SSD and SATA drives

Discus and support Issues with SSD and SATA drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have two issues regarding my two hard drives. One is an HDD with 2 TB and the other is an SSD with 1TB.This is the first time I have had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rookie_Programmer, May 9, 2021.

1. Issues with SSD and SATA drives

Hello,I have two issues regarding my two hard drives. One is an HDD with 2 TB and the other is an SSD with 1TB.This is the first time I have had a computer with more than one drive, so when I tried to copy all of my files, programs, user data, etc. over, I went a bit haywire and did a bunch of formatting, cloning, etc. The big issue was copying all data without having to redownload hundreds of programs and without losing my user data, which I've built over time for convenience. Problem 0: A year later, I still have no idea what I did or what I was supposed to do if

:)

Rookie_Programmer, May 9, 2021

2. sata ssd

I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do?

ROBERTMETH, May 9, 2021
  3. RPB57 Win User
    SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, May 9, 2021
  4. RPB57 Win User

Issues with SSD and SATA drives

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Just occurred to me. Could it be that the primary boot drive is the Linux SSD. I've got a feeling this could

be the problem. I'm not sure how to configure Windows 10 to boot from the SATA HDD. I will try reinstalling the drivers and look into the BIOS but would appreciate your take on my suggestion.

RPB57, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Issues with SSD and SATA drives

1. Issues with SSD and SATA drives - Similar Threads - Issues SSD SATA

2. Can Windows 10 fry an SSD SATA drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows 10 fry an SSD SATA drive?: I have been repairing computers for over 25 years and have seen a lot. Although this is anecdotal, I believe the Windows 10 Pro Reset and clean routine killed my Inland SSD SATA 1TB drive. I installed this drive about two years ago and it was never treated harshly. It was...
  3. Can Windows 10 fry an SSD SATA drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Windows 10 fry an SSD SATA drive?: I have been repairing computers for over 25 years and have seen a lot. Although this is anecdotal, I believe the Windows 10 Pro Reset and clean routine killed my Inland SSD SATA 1TB drive. I installed this drive about two years ago and it was never treated harshly. It was...
  4. Is driver performance impacted by if its on a SSD or SATA drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is driver performance impacted by if its on a SSD or SATA drive?: Does a driver need a fast hard drive to work its best? Does it matter? Many programs don't care if they are on a fast SSD or a typical 7200 rpm SATA drive. But some do. But what about drivers? Say for a video card?...
  5. Is driver performance impacted by if its on a SSD or SATA drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is driver performance impacted by if its on a SSD or SATA drive?: Does a driver need a fast hard drive to work its best? Does it matter? Many programs don't care if they are on a fast SSD or a typical 7200 rpm SATA drive. But some do. But what about drivers? Say for a video card?...
  6. SATA SSD doesn't work as boot up drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD doesn't work as boot up drive: Hello i recently bought a Kingston nvme SSD and put it in my pc in bios it shows up as SATA port 0 but doesn't seem to be seen in boot order priorities When i boot up windows on a m.2 nvme SSD it shows up in windows but i can't boot up windows on it . I don't know what to do...
  7. SATA drive issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SATA drive issues: I use a WD Black 6TB HDD SATA drive as a second drive for files not as a system drive. The operating system is on a M2 SSD. The drive has been working fine for a few weeks until I started getting an error message on startup saying that the $RECYCLE.BIN is corrupted. I get...
  8. sata ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sata ssd: I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-ssd/5c8a216f-bfe8-46f4-804a-745e44997e32
  9. SATA III SSD shown as SATA II

SATA III SSD shown as SATA II: Hi everyone.*Nerd I have just noticed that my Intel 520 SSD Drive is showing as SATA II drive. Now, I am aware that it is connected to a SATA2_0 port controlled by native Intel SATA II controller on my mobo and current speed should be 3gb/s. Why does it say though that the...
  10. Sata ssd

Sata ssd: What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than that. Just enough to hold small docs and for surfing. 102827