Windows 10: Issues with Start menu icons after 1511

Discus and support Issues with Start menu icons after 1511 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys how are you? I have an issue after the upgrade to 1511 build, it was made via Windows Update Take a look at the image, the icons now at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wsarahan, Nov 13, 2015.

1. wsarahan Win User

Issues with Start menu icons after 1511

Hi guys how are you?

I have an issue after the upgrade to 1511 build, it was made via Windows Update

Take a look at the image, the icons now at the start menu have diferent colors , before all had the same color , the grey one just like the team viewer icon for example

Now the Word is Blue, the Chrome is darker and if i set the origin icon there is black at all

What can i do to have me icons with the same colors again?

Thanks

:)

wsarahan, Nov 13, 2015

2. Issues with Start menu icons after 1511

Hi guys how are you?

I have an issue after the upgrade to 1511 build, it was made via Windows Update

Take a look at the image, the icons now at the start menu have diferent colors , before all had the same color , the grey one just like the team viewer icon for example

Now the Word is Blue, the Chrome is darker and if i set the origin icon there is black at all

What can i do to have me icons with the same colors again?

Thanks

Issues with Start menu icons after 1511 [​IMG]

Willy Sarahan, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Issues with Start menu icons after 1511

Hi Willy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We apologize for the delay in response.

We have reproduced the issue from our end and we find similar results. This is by design and we are happy to inform you that there is nothing wrong with the operating system. The update has only enhanced the operating system for better performance
    and security of your PC.

You can change the accent color from the settings window to check there is any change in the result.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Personalization and click on Colors from the left side panel of the window.
    • Choose a color under Choose your accent color and check if the changes result in any variation.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 13, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

AndreyT, Nov 13, 2015
  5. dfire62 Win User
    Hey There!
    It's not a bug, but Microsoft has returned the feature of app-based icon coloring and custom tiles that chrome use. You can manually remove it by removing the VisualElementsManifest.xml in the chrome app directory.

dfire62, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with Start menu icons after 1511 - Similar Threads - Issues Start menu

2. Issues with Start Menu after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Start Menu after sleep: I am having an issue where the computer goes into sleep mode, when it comes up, I can't access things on my start menu. For example, I click the power button to restart, it shows the options, but doesn't highlight when you mouse over it. Another issue is that Outlook doesn't...
  3. Issues with Start Menu after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Start Menu after sleep: I am having an issue where the computer goes into sleep mode, when it comes up, I can't access things on my start menu. For example, I click the power button to restart, it shows the options, but doesn't highlight when you mouse over it. Another issue is that Outlook doesn't...
  4. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  5. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  6. Edge website icons issue in Start Menu

Edge website icons issue in Start Menu: I have recently converted to Edge, but the icons for the website tiles that I pin to the start screen keep disappearing. I can get them back by re-pinning them to the start screen, but I have done this twice now, and it is tedious. Now, the icons have disappeared for a 3rd...
  7. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  8. Start menu icons

Start menu icons: Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half. [img] 12116
  9. Google Chrome and pinning GMail to Start Menu after 1511

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome and pinning GMail to Start Menu after 1511: I notice an unpleasant GUI-level change that appears after the upgrate to 1511. The issue seem to exist on all machines after 1511 upgrade. Firstly, Google Chrome shortcut pinned to Start Menu now appears on dark gray tile, instead of the regular "color accent" tile. Is...
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601