Windows 10: Issues with taskbar bug/glitch

Discus and support Issues with taskbar bug/glitch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Within the past month, month and a half, a friend helped me build my first PC. Everything I bought was either brand new or maybe a year or so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenP4, May 30, 2020.

1. StephenP4 Win User

Issues with taskbar bug/glitch

Hello,

Within the past month, month and a half, a friend helped me build my first PC. Everything I bought was either brand new or maybe a year or so old in terms of when it was released, but regardless, all of the components are fairly new. After we built it, he installed Windows Pro on my PC, however, it wasn't an active version. I recently was able to buy my own version of Windows Home, not Pro and installed it about a week or two ago.

However since doing that, I've noticed an annoying bug or glitch if you will, that keeps occurring relating to my apps on the taskbar. So as you all know, when you hover your mouse over an app on the taskbar, typically, it shows a tiny preview window just above if of course you have the application already opened/active, and lets you select one of the windows of the app you have open, that you're previewing. Yet for example, there are times where I have multiple "File Explorer" windows open/active and I hover my mouse over the "File Explorer" app on the toolbar to see the preview windows I have active or open and one of the following occurs in this bug/glitch:

A. The preview windows don't show up at all as I'm hovering over the app

B. The preview windows do show up, but when I go to click on one of the preview windows to open on my desktop, it doesn't open that window

C. The preview windows become visible for a split second then disappears, or

D. When I click the actual app on the taskbar that is open or active, it doesn't open at all, but shows it is open or active on the taskbar

Today, I experienced the same issue with Google Chrome app on my taskbar. I've made sure my NVIDIA graphics drivers are up to date, just to see if that was the possibly the cause. In case this helps with context, I also do have two monitors, one being a MSI Optix MAG241 and the other an HP EliteDisplay and the issue happens on both.

Does this sound like a Windows software issue/bug or could this be an actual issue with a specific piece of hardware in my PC? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Stay safe everyone!

:)

StephenP4, May 30, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 30, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 30, 2020
  4. Issues with taskbar bug/glitch

Taskbar glitch

Hello Microsoft. I'm trying to help you by give some feedback about this new OS. I don't know if I'm doing this right, it's my first time posting here, but whatever.

Here's a glitch in Windows 10 that i found today, even though I don't know how to reproduce again:

Taskbar glitch

It's back to normal after I closed some windows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading Issues with taskbar bug/glitch ;)

Sérgio Oliveira, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Issues with taskbar bug/glitch

1. Issues with taskbar bug/glitch - Similar Threads - Issues taskbar bug

2. Taskbar glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar glitching: My laptop's taskbar wouldnt load properly. My problem I've been playing VALORANT and I've been changing the resolution of the game NOT IN THE WINDOWS 11 SETTINGS and it all seemed good. I use alt + tab to switch windows, Then 2 days ago my taskbar wouldnt even load properly....
  3. Glitching taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitching taskbar: Hello I have been having an issue with my taskbar, it's been glitching. As you can see in the images bellow it happens in the desktop, and when I go fullscreen it hovers above the program that I'm using, Also I canno't take a screenshot of the problem, as in the print it...
  4. Glitching taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glitching taskbar: Hello I have been having an issue with my taskbar, it's been glitching. As you can see in the images bellow it happens in the desktop, and when I go fullscreen it hovers above the program that I'm using, Also I canno't take a screenshot of the problem, as in the print it...
  5. Glitching taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Taskbar glitching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar glitching?: When I right click pinned apps on my taskbar, it seems glitched. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-glitching/2e55acfd-4386-4170-bdf8-3362a7947336
  7. Start and Taskbar glitch/bug

Start and Taskbar glitch/bug: When I start my laptop this is what I see.. Its not that big of a problem for me but my mother has online classes to teach so it will be hard for her. Can you please help me.. [ATTACH]...
  8. Taskbar Glitch?

Taskbar Glitch?: Hi, I'm currently having an issue where all the icons that are typically on the right side of the task bar, are now overlapping the icons on the left. I've fiddled with settings, looked up everything I could think of, and can't find an answer. Because of this I'm assuming:...
  9. Taskbar glitch?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar glitch?: I was ending tasks on Task Manager to remove my hard drive, when the taskbar glitched and now it looks like it has doubled, but the icons stay at the top: [ATTACH] Any ideas?...
  10. Video Bug/Glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Bug/Glitch: Ever since I've updated to Windows 10, I've had the weird problem with video in some places. Before it was only in the Edge Browser and on Windows Media Player but now it's happening in Chrome as well.. I uploaded screenshots of it because it's kinda hard to explain. When it...