Windows 10: Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

Discus and support Issues with taskbar on fresh instal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PawelJasinski3, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've noticed that a couple of fairly important things are not working:Start menu Search optionAlt+TabCalendar pop-up the little window that appears when you click on the system clockNotificationsNetwork and sound pop upsWindows key selectively. Win+R works fine, but just pressing win key does nothing, win+tab does nothing, win+. doesn't bring up emojis etcI tried restarting the PC, and checked updater, but to no avail.

:)

PawelJasinski3, Nov 16, 2021

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

1. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal - Similar Threads - Issues taskbar fresh

2. Audio issues with fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with fresh install: Fresh install of windows 10. I only get audio to work when i uninstall my audio drivers and restart. However, if I shut down without uninstalling drivers I get no audio on my next startup. It shows that sound is playing in the volume mixer, but there is no output. Usually...
  3. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  4. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  5. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Taskbar not loading after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not loading after a fresh install: I was on Windows 11 Home, when all of a sudden, its display went black. I restarted the PC, it started the diagnosing PC and attempting repairs. It could not repair them... As on the internet, I clicked Advanced Options and then in the CMD, when I typed C:, it said the the...
  7. Taskbar not loading after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not loading after a fresh install: I was on Windows 11 Home, when all of a sudden, its display went black. I restarted the PC, it started the diagnosing PC and attempting repairs. It could not repair them... As on the internet, I clicked Advanced Options and then in the CMD, when I typed C:, it said the the...
  8. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with taskbar on fresh instal: I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've noticed that a couple of fairly important things are not working:Start menu Search optionAlt+TabCalendar pop-up the little window...
  9. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with taskbar on fresh instal: I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've noticed that a couple of fairly important things are not working:Start menu Search optionAlt+TabCalendar pop-up the little window...
  10. Fresh install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install issues: Hi all, I'm having a hell of a job trying to get Windows to install & have got to the point where it's patently obvious that I need some help. I've just swapped out my main hard disc for a 500GB M.2 & am trying to install a fresh copy of W10 onto the thing, easy enough, I...