Windows 10: Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu

Discus and support Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built a new pc, everything was fine but then my new keyboard (cynosa v.2) stopped responding, got it replaced and now I can't right click on any of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CootchThug6969, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu

I built a new pc, everything was fine but then my new keyboard (cynosa v.2) stopped responding, got it replaced and now I can't right click on any of the apps on the taskbar but can still open up task manager when right clicking the open space on the taskbar. I cant open up any sound settings or adjust it on my keyboard or on the taskbar, I can't open or press the windows key, can't go into any settings menus with any shortcuts. At kind of a standstill, I can open up and left click on the applications on the taskbar but beyond that any windows functionality (menu wise) is gone.

submitted by /u/CootchThug6969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CootchThug6969, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsIssues with taskbar/ settings/ menu :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu

1. Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu - Similar Threads - Issues taskbar settings

2. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  3. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  4. "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out: Hi,I'm unable to click on the "Pen menu" in the taskbar settings.Device Information: Surface Book 3 with Windows 11Stylus: Surface Pro X PenPlease suggest a solution for this.Regards,Sahil Parmar...
  5. "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out: Hi,I'm unable to click on the "Pen menu" in the taskbar settings.Device Information: Surface Book 3 with Windows 11Stylus: Surface Pro X PenPlease suggest a solution for this.Regards,Sahil Parmar...
  6. Taskbar issues and start menu fail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar issues and start menu fail: So my pc recently started having issues. The windows task bar is completely unresponsive, I can’t access the start menu and settings (even through sound control options), I can’t press the desktop button, all the windows key shortcuts don’t work, and for some reason I can’t...
  7. Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar: Hello, I have this issue for a long time and I don't know how to fix it! The issue is that when I right click on the taskbar, and select "taskbar settings", it doesn't open Settings, the Command Prompt pops up and closes immediately, and nothing happens... It also occurs...
  8. Taskbar settings issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar settings issue: Hi guys! I hope that everyone is well and safe. I have an issue with my taskbar size not staying set as far as the number of rows that are visible. I like it set for two rows of small icons of which I have many but every time I shut my laptop down and then power it up, the...
  9. Taskbar/Start Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar/Start Menu Issue: My task bar/start menu will not open. Type to search - nothing. On top of that Outlook will not send and receive. Any ideas? submitted by /u/jstyer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkwv85/taskbarstart_menu_issue/
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482