Windows 10: Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar

Discus and support Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have this issue for a long time and I don't know how to fix it! The issue is that when I right click on the taskbar, and select "taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZeLocks, Aug 15, 2020.

1. ZeLocks Win User

Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar

Hello,

I have this issue for a long time and I don't know how to fix it!

The issue is that when I right click on the taskbar, and select "taskbar settings", it doesn't open Settings, the Command Prompt pops up and closes immediately, and nothing happens...

It also occurs when I right click on the desktop, and select "Display settings" and/or "Personalize", it does the same thing with the Command Prompt like I mentioned before. I have to manually go to Settings and open the setting I want to go to...

Here's the example via the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxfiL2NEq54

I really need help with that!

:)

ZeLocks, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. AndreePin Win User
    AndreePin, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar :(

ArmoredCavalry, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar

1. Issues with the Windows Settings from the context menu & Taskbar - Similar Threads - Issues Settings context

2. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options: I have a home PC on Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042 with the following context menu options.My work PC is on Windows 10.0.19043 Build 19043 almost identical with the following context menu options.I'm trying to install something that depends on having the Toolbars option which...
  3. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options: I have a home PC on Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042 with the following context menu options.My work PC is on Windows 10.0.19043 Build 19043 almost identical with the following context menu options.I'm trying to install something that depends on having the Toolbars option which...
  4. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with taskbar/ settings/ menu: I built a new pc, everything was fine but then my new keyboard (cynosa v.2) stopped responding, got it replaced and now I can't right click on any of the apps on the taskbar but can still open up task manager when right clicking the open space on the taskbar. I cant open up...
  6. Context menu on taskbar icon

Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  7. Nividia Context Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nividia Context Menu Issue: I am running Windows 10 1809 with latest updates installed with latest Nividia drivers 418 version on a Dell G3 now my issue is the following : As attached when i click on the option to "Change default graphics processor" nothing happens it does not open nividia control...
  8. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...
  9. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126
  10. Issues with Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Context Menu: Hello, I've recently started experiencing an issue with my context menu. It hasn't gone away completely in file explorer, but numerous options have disappeared from it including copy and paste, so I haven't been able to copy files all morning. In addition to that I can't...