Windows 10: Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature

Discus and support Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! This is Sagnik. I am a user of Dell Inspiron 3583. Also, I use Windows 10 version 2004. So my concern is that I used to have the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sagnik Basu, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature

Hello Everyone!

This is Sagnik. I am a user of Dell Inspiron 3583. Also, I use Windows 10 version 2004.

So my concern is that I used to have the Windows Spotlight feature set on my lock screen. It used to show brilliant images everyday without having me to do anything. But now I dont know why there is some glitch and it only shows me a blue screen i.e. the lock screen appears solid colour blue.

Can anyone help me to recover that feature somehow again?

Your Answer will be much appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Sagnik

:)

Sagnik Basu, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature

1. Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature - Similar Threads - Issues Spotlight Feature

2. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  3. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  4. Windows Spotlight Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Issue: Hello, I was having trouble with the windows spotlight images cycling. At the login screen, it always showed the same one windows spotlight image. I followed this guide How to fix Windows Spotlight Lock screen errors on Windows 10 | Windows Central but it did NOT fix the...
  5. Windows Spotlight Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight Issue: Hello, I was having trouble with the windows spotlight images cycling. At the login screen, it always showed the same one windows spotlight image. I followed this guide How to fix Windows Spotlight Lock screen errors on Windows 10 | Windows Central but it did NOT fix the...
  6. windows spotlight issue

windows spotlight issue: my windows spotlight background was stuck so i searched online and tried resetting and other various methods to solve the issue but none of them worked and i am where i started with windows spotlight not working and it looks like this settings it is completely blank i don't...
  7. Windows Spotlight issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight issues: Hi Spotlight has been stuck on one wallpaper for about a month. I tried some methods from different sites but none of them helped. I tried deleting files from Spotlight folder and changing settings files. Is it possible to force restart service or repair it in other way?...
  8. Windows Spotlight issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight issue: Dear Community members, I noticed that weather and other application notifications are not displayed on spotlight lock screen. when opening lock screen settings, all applications are displayed as red X mark please check the attached screenshot. is there anyway to fix this...
  9. window spotlight issue

window spotlight issue: on my window 10 laptop windows spotlight is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-spotlight-issue/069242fe-3609-4d01-bb47-11e93f16a773
  10. Windows Spotlight Issue

Windows Spotlight Issue: I have Windows Spotlight toggled on, but when locking my PC, only displays the image of some mountains with a red backpack. That is all that shows. No "Do you like this?" text or fun facts. How can I fix this?...