Windows 10: Issues with touchpad after windows 10 home installation

Discus and support Issues with touchpad after windows 10 home installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please my touchpad is not working after installing windows 10 home. It only support external mouse .synaptic driver too does not show . I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HERRICBENSON, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Issues with touchpad after windows 10 home installation

Please my touchpad is not working after installing windows 10 home. It only support external mouse .synaptic driver too does not show . I have downloaded touchpad synaptic driver from manufacturer's website and install but not showing at drivers.The touchpad is still not working

:)

HERRICBENSON, Aug 16, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Issues with touchpad after windows 10 home installation

Lenovo 2 11 w/Windows 10 touchpad issue

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Issues with touchpad after windows 10 home installation

1. Issues with touchpad after windows 10 home installation - Similar Threads - Issues touchpad home

2. Windows 10 touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 touchpad issue: My touchpad works in windows, but when I am in recovery mode bought by shif while restarting, the touchpad doesn't work.This is after a clean install of windows. Please helpI tried to move the drive to windows recovery mode system32 folder but it doesn't work...
  3. Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update

Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update: Using windows 10 with update is a very painful process. Each time i update, at least one device in my laptop stopped working. Last time it was Bluetooth. After latest update bluetooth is OK but now it is touchpad. My computer doesn't recognize keyboard when wake up after a...
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update: Using windows 10 with update is a very painful process. Each time i update, at least one device in my laptop stopped working. Last time it was Bluetooth. After latest update bluetooth is OK but now it is touchpad. My computer doesn't recognize keyboard when wake up after a...
  5. Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10

Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10: I have a laptop with preinstalled windows 10 20h2 and my 20h2 ISO was not working properly so, I installed Windows 10 1511 as windows update was not working. Now the touchpad is not working and I have to use an external mouse, so how can I get the touchpad working again?...
  6. touchpad not working after update windows home

touchpad not working after update windows home: Hello, yesterday I update windows home and after that my touchpad is working very slow and with lag in my dell 13 2 in 1 7390. I read a lot in google and I did not find any solution. Can you help me?...
  7. Windows 10 Home Touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Touchpad settings: I am using Windows 10 Home Version 1909. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 130-15lkB I had some issues with the Windows so I did a clean install of windows and after the install my touchpad gestures didn't work. When I looked at the touchpad settings I had only one option "Touchpad...
  8. Windows 10 Home - Touchpad Issue

Windows 10 Home - Touchpad Issue: Hello! While I was dragging files on the desktop, I bumped in an unpleasant issue regarding touchpad. When you place one finger on the left to select a file and keep it pressed, you can't place another finger near it to start dragging a file around. It simply won't work....
  9. Disable touchpad in Windows 10 Home

Disable touchpad in Windows 10 Home: I can find numerous articles about how to disable the touchpad and none of them work. I would like to disable it when I have a mouse (Logitech) attached. 122665
  10. Windows 10 touchpad issues

Windows 10 touchpad issues: So prior to the ssd going out the unit was working fine. Now when you install 10 the touchpad and keyboard don’t work at all until you install the Intel driver pack Lenovo has. It updates everything from sound to Ethernet in one installer. After a couple seconds the mouse...