Windows 10: Issues with transferring windows license to new machine

Discus and support Issues with transferring windows license to new machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I recently built a new PC, and have a digital license of windows 10 that is linked to my microsoft account. It is a retail copy obtained from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sargentTACO, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Issues with transferring windows license to new machine

Hello!

I recently built a new PC, and have a digital license of windows 10 that is linked to my microsoft account. It is a retail copy obtained from upgrading from windows 7 on my last home-built pc. I have been having trouble getting my Windows 10 license over to my new PC. I went through the activation troubleshooter, but I had no success with that. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/sargentTACO
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sargentTACO, Jan 24, 2021

2. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 24, 2021
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021.
    Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner.
    Can someone enlighten me how to achieve this?
    Thanks a lot

jacobacci, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Issues with transferring windows license to new machine

Transferring Win 10 license to new machine.

I wish to transfer my existing win 10 pro license to a new machine and install a new win 10 home license on my old machine How do I do that?

DonAnderson_12, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Issues with transferring windows license to new machine

1. Issues with transferring windows license to new machine - Similar Threads - Issues transferring license

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  4. Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine: We are looking to buy 20-25 Windows Pro retail licenses for business use. We had following goalsLicenses will be owned by business and not become property of employee. License installed on machine of one employee can be removed from existing machine and applied to machine of...
  5. Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine: We are looking to buy 20-25 Windows Pro retail licenses for business use. We had following goalsLicenses will be owned by business and not become property of employee. License installed on machine of one employee can be removed from existing machine and applied to machine of...
  6. Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine: hi Some years ago, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 (SP4). Then upgraded from the Home edition to the Pro edition through the Activation settings. Now I got a new device with Windows 10 Home, and want to sell the SP4. How can I remove my Windows 10 Pro license from the SP4 and...
  7. Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine

Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine: Hi, I have a question about the transfer of a license of Windows 10 to a new machine I am referring to retail license, not OEM. Suppose I have ten Windows 10 licenses that I already activated on the same number of computers ten. I want to activate Windows 10 on a new...
  8. Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner: In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021. Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner. Can...
  9. Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine

Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine: I asked this question previously, but had a follow-up question which was never answered, so I assume that it has to be asked separately. I have Windows 10 Education on a physical machine that I built - is there any way of transferring it to a virtual machine running on a...
  10. Is there a tutorial on transfer license to a new machine? :Eula 4b.

Is there a tutorial on transfer license to a new machine? :Eula 4b.: EULA clause 4b states: b. Stand-alone software. If you acquired the software as stand-alone software (and also if you upgraded from software you acquired as stand-alone software), you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you. You may also...