Windows 10: Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7

Discus and support Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I have been having UAC issues across the board. Everything needs to be run as admin in order to work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mshoward, Mar 18, 2019.

1. mshoward Win User

Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7

Ever since upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I have been having UAC issues across the board. Everything needs to be run as admin in order to work properly and I have frequent issues with losing ownership to files despite being admin. I turned off UAC but this did not fix the problem. I have no Idea where to start with fixing this issue and any help would be appreciated

:)

mshoward, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Derek12 Win User

Windows 7 UAC issue in my netbook

Sometimes when the UAC message pops up the netbook screen shuts off for some seconds then comes up again as if the resolution was changed, sometimes after clicking yes too. It's annoying.

All drivers and Windows 7 are updated. Is there a fix for this without disabling UAC?

Thanks

Derek12, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Windows 7 UAC issue in my netbook

are you using the native reso?
    why don't you want to disable UAC?

lyndonguitar, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7

Issue with Windows 7 Gadgets

For some strange reason, my Windows 7 gadgets (Weather, GMail, etc) can no longer connect to the internet and update themselves. I have added both sidebar exe files (C : \Program Files and C : \Program Files x86) to the Windows Firewall Exceptions list. It is the same issue even when UAC is enabled. What could be causing this? Thanks for any help.

I also just realized that my Windows Update is not working as well, so that may be a related issue.

fire2havoc, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7

1. Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Issues UAC since

2. Issues with upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Partway through the install the computer shuts completely off. On restart, it uninstalls the partial installation of Windows 10 and returns to Windows 7 The following error message displays 0xC1900101-0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error...
  3. Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 - issues with update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 - issues with update: It completed install(update) and screen is rebooting - but then it booted back to windows 7 I may have missed a screen alert - as it was running for a while and i only had to answer to keep my programs and files and i said yes - Im going to try again with not keeping files...
  4. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I keep getting this message: WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" ***Original title:Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-while-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows/a582d206-422c-41c1-a883-2a8266d0a301
  5. upgrade from 7 to 10 compatitbilty issue

upgrade from 7 to 10 compatitbilty issue: what should I do my NVIDIA GEFORCE ISNT COMPATIBILE. New to this should I try to update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10-compatitbilty-issue/dceb1aae-dbb3-4402-9038-6dbdfe17f9b5
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues

Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues: Hi All Just updated my final Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 but have an issue with the Ethernet Adapter. It is a VM machine running on Windows 2012R2. Before the upgrade the VM had a static IP address but after the upgrade it had gone to a DHCP address. No Issues, I...
  7. BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.: BSOD has only been occurring since the upgrade to Windows 10. When: Happens all the time -- Immediately on start up, while browsing on internet (Edge, Chrome), while watching videos (DVD on VLC player), or while browsing explorer folders. All the time. What I've done...
  8. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues: I just finished upgrading my Dell 1545 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My WiFi is connected and I don't have any trouble accessing the internet through Chrome, Spotify, and iTunes. However, when I click on the Getting Started button to connect my accounts, it tells me "It looks...
  9. Windows 10 event errors since upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 event errors since upgrade from 7: New upgrade event viewer error Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler Date: 2/28/2016 5:55:41 PM Event ID: 414 Task Category: Task Misconfiguration Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Barrym-PC Description: Task Scheduler service...
  10. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!: I have recently installed Windows 10 and have found the following issues:- I need to use Explorer rather than MS Edge for my CCTV - but when using Explorer the pages freeze up or jump up and down? It seems almost like MS being determined that I will use Edge or else?!?...