Windows 10: Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Discus and support Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I open my camera the display is black. there is no picture. my laptop is Hp cs2082tx OS Windows 10 version 2004. It was working fine till... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThejaMadireddy, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Every time I open my camera the display is black. there is no picture. my laptop is Hp cs2082tx OS Windows 10 version 2004. It was working fine till the day before , suddenly when I opened today , it is totally blacked out. the LED indicator near me camera is working when I open the camera app.

I have tried updating the Drivers - still no luck. Please help me, thank you

:)

ThejaMadireddy, Jul 2, 2020

2. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Camera driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• How exactly are you opening the Camera on the computer?
    • Are you using default Camera app or other camera app?

I suggest you to follow the method below to open Camera app in the computer and update the Camera driver in the Device Manager.

Step 1: I recommend you to open the Camera through default Camera app and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Camera" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if you are able to use the Camera.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the Camera driver and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Imaging Devices.

4. Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Camera on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Cannot open the "camera app" from Microsoft even after updating the driver. get the following

0XA00F4271(0XC00S3704 and cannot use the camera and cannot close the app. need to use the task master to close. Please advise

RichardFStern, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Hello
    john016

Does your camera work in other camera apps like Skype? Have you tried updating the Windows Camera app? Can you tell us what version of the Windows Camera app you are using?

How to manually check for app updates:

• Open the Store
    • Tap or click the user icon on top, next to the search form
    • Tap or click Downloads
    • Tap or click Check for updates
    How to get Camera app version:
    • Launch Windows Camera app
    • Tap or click the ... icon in upper right
    • Tap or click Settings
    • Scroll to very bottom and you should see version under "About this app"

Take look at this troubleshooting article, try the steps and see if it helps to resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-pc-cameras

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

1. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera. - Similar Threads - Issues using Camera

2. Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already: It all started when I updated my laptop. The camera is an essential part of online school, so, please I need help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-camera-issue-it-looks-like-another-app/99b030ea-7c60-4cd7-9746-a5ceae4434d4
  3. Cannot use camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use camera: Hi! I have just purchased a new Lenovo laptop E14 Gen 2 Type 20TA, 20TB Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20TA and installed Windows 10 Pro 64. Everything seems to work ok except the camera. When I try to launch it i receive the following: [ATTACH] removed camera from device...
  4. camera not working while using zoom client

camera not working while using zoom client: Hi I cant get my camera to work when I am using Zoom rooms - there is light in it, so it is on I can see when opening Zoom, but it doesn´t display a picture/livestream of me..... The camera is a part of a HP notebook I have:- I tried to install the latest driver to the...
  5. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.: facing this issue since my laptop was upgraded to windows 10. Contacted support many times but still it is not fixed. - Is Microsoft so incapable that they cannot fix this issue created by them only ?...
  6. Windows 10 using Integrated Camera

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 using Integrated Camera: Trying to use Zoom on my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10. Cannot change privacy settings which I think is the problem. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-using-integrated-camera/d55837ba-2155-458a-bdd6-cc3b87f51bc2
  7. Use chromebook’s camera as camera for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use chromebook’s camera as camera for windows 10?: Hello! I was wondering if it’s possible to use my chromebooks camera as a webcam for my windows PC. If not that’s quite alright but it would be very nice if it could. Thank you in advance to any responses! submitted by /u/SARGISMANTHE2ND [link] [comments]...
  8. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620
  9. Camera is not working while using in Zoom rooms, Windows 10

Camera is not working while using in Zoom rooms, Windows 10: Hi I cant get my camera to work when I am using Zoom rooms - there is light in it, so it is on I can see when opening Zoom, but it doesn´t display a picture/livestream of me..... The camera is a part of the Lenovo computer I have:-) I tried to install the latest driver...
  10. Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.

Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.: HI, There is a simple scenario, a USB camera connect to a PC and the Camera APP preview for long time. After about dozens(sometimes hundreds) of hours, the Camera probably get frozen. The UVC frame format is mjpeg. I find 2 conditions of this issue. 1. It will not...